Chapter Twenty-One

⟦ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞    ⟧

THE NEXT MORNING AT
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH Kieran walks down from the attic and sees Mira sitting in a pew in the empty sanctuary.

 ANNE'S CHURCH Kieran walks down from the attic and sees Mira sitting in a pew in the empty sanctuary

[Mira's Outfit]

"Hi, Kieran. Lovely morning isn't it?" Mira asked him.

"Yes, it is." Kieran said. "Are you gonna kill me now?"

"Why would I destroy you? I'm not like Klaus." Mira said.

"Yeah. You say that, but I don't quite believe you." Kieran said, folding his arms. "Witches talk."

"What makes you think I give a shit about what the witches supernatural gossip about me?" Mira said with a straight face.

"You don't." Kieran said.

"Nope." Mira said. "By the way, I know about your nephew, Sean O'Connell. I'm sorry." She said.

"Cami told you." Kieran said.

"Cami and I are best friends, and we talk sometimes." Mira said, folding her arms. "Are you frightened of Klaus?"

"No." Kieran said.

"Are you frightened of me?" Mira asked him.

"No." Kieran said.

"Good. Because you should be." Mira said to him with a sly smile, but becomes calm again, and gets up to her feet. "But anyhoo, I'll see you around, Kieran." and she walks away.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

JARDIN GRIS

Kate is arranging some herbs and mason jars on a shelf. The door opens and closes. Mira slowly walks inside.

"Hey, Kate." Mira greeted her.

Kate glances at Mira, gently setting down a cardboard box on a nearby table. "Hi, Mira."

"