Chapter Twenty-Three

⟦     𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ⟧

THE NEXT MORNING
AT ROUSSEAU'S Mira slowly walks inside the bar, which is empty but with a few dead bodies laying on the floor.

THE NEXT MORNINGAT ROUSSEAU'S Mira slowly walks inside the bar, which is empty but with a few dead bodies laying on the floor

{Mira's Outfit}

"Cami?" Mira said.

Camille slowly walks out from the kitchen. "Your Mom, Elaine, was here. She was feeding on the customers last night when I came in."

"Where is she now?" Mira asked.

"I don't know." Camille replied. "She told me who she was and left.

"She's still in the French Quarter. Eliane's a blood addict." Mira told Camille.

"A blood addict?" Camille said.

"Elaine's addicted to blood." Mira said, and looks around at the dead bodies. "She fed on these customers for some fresh blood."

Camille and Mira exchange looks at each other.

Mira's phone buzzes in her dress pocket. She pulls out her phone and looks at it.

Klaus

Mira answers her phone. "Hey, babe. I'm a little bit busy right now." she decided to playfully tease him a bit, but with a serious look on her face.

Klaus chuckled on the phone. "Whatever it is your occupied with, I'm gonna need you this evening."

"What for?" Mira asked.

"Francesca Correa has a bag of moonstones and she's gonna bring them here to the compound." Klaus replied on the phone.

"And let me guess, the moonstones are for the crescent wolves, am I right?" Mira guessed.

"How do you know of that?" Klaus asked.

"Oh, please, Klaus, you'd be surprised on what I know." Mira replied to him on the phone. "But anyhoo, I'm on my way to the compound." and hangs up her phone.

"Oh my gosh." Jane-Anne said, shocked, she and Sophie just walked inside Rousseau's. "Mira? Cami?"

"I don't have any time to explain right now, but Janey, Sophie..." Mira started to say.