15 ~ Nandani Gives a Scar to Rudra

900 votes fastttttt!!!

Nandani POV

Ruhani helped me to get ready for my Henna Ceremony which was about to be started now.

"Look at yourself,"

Ruhani said catching my attention and I lifted my eyelids to look at myself in the mirror. The plain yellow attire was looking extravagant on me. My hair was tied neatly into a long braid and my hands were empty.

"Shall we go?"

Ruhani asked and I nodded.

My mind was engrossed in the thoughts of what Rudra was planning and what the physician said. I did not know but now I was actually hating him for doing that in my unconscious. 

I gulped and we both walked towards the hall where the ritual needed to be performed.

"Sit here,"

My mother said and I sat on the couch. I spread both of my arms, giving them to henna artists to let them begin with their work. It was almost late evening by the time we started the ceremony.

I looked at people roaming from here to there to wrap up the wedding preparations as soon as possible.

"Show me,"

Ruhani came to sit beside me and leaned in to look at my hand half done with the henna designs.

"Beautiful,"

She commented and I smiled weakly.

"When are you going to start applying it?"

I asked her and she smiled inhaling a deep breath.

"Have to change before getting my hands all messed up, because after that I cannot change and I cannot sleep in these fancy outfits,"

I smiled and leaned into her ear muttering in a slow voice.

"Why change? Apply the henna and let your romantic husband do it for it,"

She chuckled and her cheeks turned red with my suggestion.

"Ruhani, come here,"

Suddenly, the voice of her mother caught our attention and we both looked in her direction. She was standing in the middle of the place ready to dance to the beats of the instruments available there.

Ruhani giggled and stood up to run to her.

Music started playing and I laughed looking at both the mother and daughter duo matching their steps on the folk music. Both of the jumpings, taking rounds and the noise of her anklets bells roaming in the whole of the place.

"Ohhhhh myyy goddddd!,"

Ruhani's father and other men just entered and he interrupted looking at them.

"No one invited us for this item number,"

He said passing his glass to an attendee standing beside him. Jumping in the middle he started showing his steps.

My eyes teared up laughing looking at them and I looked at Haider who also slowly joined them by taking rabbit steps.

"Woaaahhhhhhhhhh,"

People applauded for them and suddenly Ruhani's mother pulled my mother into the place. She adjusted her dupatta and that time Ruhani's father stepped back letting the ladies take up the dance floor.

My mother also started dancing in an ethical way. Matching her steps with the beats, and I just looked at her smiling her heart out after such a long time.