19 ~ The Wedding

900 Votes fasttt!!!

Nandani POV

After a few small rituals, the ladies made me sit in front of the mirror and Ruhani did not come. She was really worried about what was happening but somewhere deep down in my heart, I knew what was about to happen.

The sun was about to set but had still not arrived.

A kind of peace was bubbling up inside me but there was a wave of strong shivers running inside my body too. And, it was about the consequences if the King would never come back.

"Shall we start?"

Suman's voice caught my attention and I turned to look at her. She was looking worried too and I inhaled a deep breath before muttering in a slow voice.

"Bring the leftover henna,"

She furrowed her eyebrows looking at me but then walked away obeying my order.

She came back with the bowl of henna in her hand. She handed it over to me and I kept it on the dressing table counter carefully.

Holding the stick firmly between my fingers, the dipper the sharp cotton-coated end of the thin wooden stick into the henna and wrote on my hand.

"Ranaji?"

Suman asked reading it and asking further.

"Why did not you write it yesterday?"

I gulped and looked at her.

"Because now my heart wants to write it,"

She looked confused and then I asked them.

"Dress me up now,"

The ladies started with their work.

First, they asked me to change into the bridal red pair. It was dark red in colour with heavy work. The skirt was way too heavy to tie around my waist and I asked the lady to tie it tightly as she could because it was heavy to lift up.

Then, they helped me to wear the beautiful blouse. And, one of them pulled to tie the knot behind my back to secure it together.

"Tighter,"

I ordered and she did tie it tightly.

The bridal pair hugged me perfectly and my body shape just looked ten times more attractive in it.

By the time I wore it, the henna dried up and they helped me wear the golden bangles with the red glass ones. It covered a quarter of my hands and they started slipping the rings into my fingers.

"Nandani,"

Suddenly the voice of Ruhani caught my attention and I lifted my eyes from the bangles to her.

She came towards me and sat in front of me on the other empty stool asking me.

"Why are you doing this?"

She asked me with furrowed eyebrows and a hurt voice and I gulped looking at her.

"It is my wedding today,"

"But, the King has left. He has not come back yet,"

She added with a little frustrated voice and I lowered my gaze back onto the rings sliding them into my fingers.

"He will come back. He said to me,"

I started and I did not know why my heart was aching from the last night. I could not sleep well, I woke up early in the morning, my peace was shattered and my heart was aching badly.