56 ~ Rudra Apologizes to Nandani

1.2k votess fasttt!!!

This update might be triggering for some. Mild talk of suicide attempt. Life is so precious, never think about it.

Bad Days Do Not Mean Bad Life✨

Nandani POV

It was a long and tiring day. I met everyone, every single one who I knew from my childhood until now. They all said that they missed me. And, I missed them all too.

I had been coloured from head to toe by everyone, my family, my friends, the young girls, and the old women with whom I used to talk before marriage. Basically, everyone I knew.

I was so very happy.

Now, looking at myself in the mirror, being coloured from head to toe, I feel loved yet there was one particular person perhaps two, my brother and my husband, who had not coloured me yet.

Well, I knew about my brother but I was surprised to realise that I had not seen my husband since I saw him last with my father.

Was everything okay?

I hoped that he was not angry with me for being playful and Agastya colouring me very first not him.

I did not know but my heart was sinking a little bit as there was some kind of ache and uneasiness in me.

Maybe it was because I had not eaten anything since morning. Perhaps he was out for work, something important like a meeting with his Guruji or maybe he was forbidden to play Holi too, as playing Holi was also kind of an enjoyment.

I walked weakly to my bathing room and the clouds of numerous thoughts were roaming all over my mind.

I stripped my coloured clothes off and let my long hair open while stepping into the water pool.

A few attendees joined me to help me rub the colour off my skin and apply herbal and aromatic pastes and oils all over my body. They cleaned my hair well and washed it several times with different kinds of hair masks, using the lavender one at the end to leave the fragrance of it.

After the really long, relaxing yet thoughtful bath, I came out of the pool and changed into the bright peach cotton lehnga for the comfort of night. I still had to go for dinner in the dining hall which was why I did not choose my night dress to wear.

I also removed unnecessary pieces of jewellery leaving my nose ring, bangles, waist chain and anklets intact along with my headpiece.

"You all can leave and if anyone asks about me, please inform them that I am having dinner in the chamber,"

I said and the attendees that were helping me dry my hair.

"Okay, Princess,"

They nodded.

I smiled weakly and looked at them leaving.

It had turned dark and I did not have any idea where my husband was. He could not be with my parents and his brothers either because I was with them.

I was not doubting but my heart was sinking and I could feel that something was wrong.

Something was terribly wrong. I could feel it in my bones now. I could sense it, my whole body was feeling uneasy and scary shivers were running through my spine feeling the sudden change of winds and unwantedly my eyes turned teary.

I took a step back and suddenly my toe ring pierced my skin a little causing me a stingy pain.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh,"

My eyebrows thinned in a line and seeing a pinch of blood coming out of my toes, my heart sank even deeper.

I immediately sat down and pushed my toe ring correctly back and realised what it could mean more years fell down my eyes.