33 ~ Rudra is Angry

1.1k votes fast!!! So, the next chapter will be updated as soon as the target will be finished.

Nandani POV

I walked with the other attendees towards the dining hall as it was time for the afternoon lunch. We all worked hard to make all the varieties of dishes to present at the first meeting of him with the Kings of the princely states after Rudra became the King.

It was kind of important from the political as well as friendly point of view because if the states would not accept the new King, there would be difficulties in imposing the new laws and continuing the operations.

I was wearing normal clothes, the usual ones, definitely not what the queen wears.

I did not know but the moment I realised that he was in the controlling period something broke in me. He never told me, never even brought it into the light. 

I was mad and angry but mostly hurt because I could not see him suffering. I could not see him sleeping on the floor, I could not see him working for himself and after that working for an Empire, I could not see him eating normal food and then working hard to stay fit, I could not see him being my husband and still staying away from me. I was feeling as If I had made a wrong decision in choosing him, maybe I came his way. If I had known before that he was on a controlling period to become the King, I would have never done that. 

I did not know but the moment I get to know that he was in the controlling period I was not feeling like using any royal treatment either. No, It was not what I was doing to catch his attention or prove something, but it was more like, I was hurt to know that my man, my husband was sacrificing a lot for something and being his partner, it was right and duty to stand beside him in every good and odd.

I had removed my wedding bangles and wore simple green glass bangles that were also the sign of a married woman. Also, I removed everything that could mean royalty. 

I was holding the huge bowl of curry which we were taking to the dining hall. Stepping inside with other ladies, I could notice the Kings settled on their couches with their legs crossed in front of the square short tables. They were interacting, talking precisely and with the veil to my nose, I could see him sitting in the front, talking to Ranvijay about something.

The sound of our anklet bells caught their attention and suddenly Agastya spoke.

"Here, is the Lunch,"

The aroma of flavours and spices of the hot foot spread in the air bringing a slight smile to everyone's faces.

"Ranaji, if you allow, shall we serve the food?"

An attendee asked and he said looking at her.

"Yes, sure,"

The attendees spread to distribute the plates to the Kings and the attendees holding the bowls also spread to serve to food. I had the bowl of gatte curry in my hand and started serving everyone one by one like other attendees.

The moment I reached closer to his plate, I could feel a slight tension, the noise of cutlery touching each other suddenly turned sharper, and my heartbeats slowed down as I could feel his gaze on me.

And, a shiver ran down my spine when he suddenly spoke.

"What are you doing here?"

I did not answer anything and continued serving the curry in his bowl. 

But, suddenly he held my wrist and I stopped, inhaling a deep breath.

"Nandani, this is not your place,"