38 ~ Rudra in Delimma

1.15k votes fast!!!

Rudra POV

"What are you doing?"

The moment my ear heard my Maasi-ma's voice, I turned as Nandani was startled all of sudden. I immediately turned to hold her to prevent her from falling. 

She fell in my arms and I immediately put my arm under her head.

My heartbeats turned insanely fast at that moment not because my Maasi ma was standing there but because she could have gotten hurt.

I stared at her, my eyes unknowingly scanning her frightened face and body to see if she was alright or not.

"Are you okay?"

I immediately asked and she gulped looking at me, blinking slowly with a slight nod.

"What do you mean is she okay or not?"

Maasi ma said and I tried to stand up a little.

She also stood up and I looked at my Maasi-ma who walked closer to me and said.

"She should know how to behave with a King,"

She said in a polite voice I did not know but it kind of pinched me.

"What is she doing wrong Maasima?"

I asked after helping her stand up. She corrected her cloth and hair a little and I looked at my Maasi-ma.

She smiled and looked at us.

"You both are King and Queen now. Your time is the property of your people. Instead of using it for your own enjoyment, you both better be using it for the welfare of the people. And, let me remind you, Rudra, what your mother wanted for you. She wanted you to be the best King, someone for whom, nothing comes over the people and their welfare even if it costs you your own happiness,"

She said and gulped, not able to agree anymore. But.

"But, Maasi-ma, I do not see anything wrong in it. I do not know how does it hampering my duties towards my Kingdom. Nandani is my wife and if she is lying over me, what's wrong with that?"

I questioned and she furrowed her eyebrows a little and crossed her hand over her chest.

"Oh, I see now. Well, Ranaji if you do not see anything wrong with it. Then, there might not be any wrong with it because it's pretty clear that it is already correct in your eyes and now any justification or advancement does not matter because you have set your boundary for this thing. That it is not wrong,"

She said and I inhaled a deep breath. The hurt was clearly visible on her face with what I said.

"No, Maasima, I did not mean that. I know you know better than me and please do not call me Ranaji. You will always be like my mother, my second mother and I will always be your Rudra,"

I said turning a little emotional as I could not see her hurt like that.

"I think I should go now,"

Nandani interrupted and I looked at her leaving us silently.

"Rudra, you know what Guruji said, right,"

She said once she left and I looked at her.

"I know Maasima and I am trying my best to not let the words of Guruji turn into reality,"

She lowered her gaze.

"You know me, Rudra. I do not have my own children and dedicated my whole life to bringing you three up. When Surgami Dev threw you three out of the Kingdom after your mother's death. I took the responsibility of bringing you three up by working day and night. And, it had never been a secret to you what kind of work I had done to earn the money. I did everything that could help me earn money to feed you three. And, never in my worse nightmare, I could see you three falling down back to the place where you started growing up,"