chapter 10

RM:

Everyone got out of the car and started moving inside the house. Mama and Mami were waiting for them. What shocked them was Pari who was sleeping peacefully on Payal's shoulder. Once they reached inside mami went to take Pari so she can put her in the cradle. But Pari started to cry and Payal comforted her and she went back to sleep. Payal looked at Akash, and asked,

Payal: ummm...  Akash ji if you don't mind can you tell me where is her bed so I can lay her down.

Akash just shook his head and led Payal to his room, as pari slept with him in her cot.
Payal went inside the room and placed the sleeping baby and tucked her in her blanket. After making sure the baby was fine, she turned around to see Akash looking at her strangely. Payal went near him and called

Payal: Akash ji,

Akash was in his own thoughts. He was having mixed feelings, the way Payal tucked his daughter he felt something seeing that but his brain was not ready to accept it. Payal again called him, he came out of his trance,

Akash: umm.. yes Payal, is she fine if so come down we have to talk about chote and Khushi's marriage, he arrogantly told her and went from there.

Payal just nodded her head and went downstairs. All were sitting at the dining table when Payal came there and sat beside Arnav.

Arnav: di come we were waiting for you.

Payal just smiled at him. All had their lunch and moved towards the living room to talk.

Mama: umm, Payal beta, we talked with our pandit ji, he told next Sunday is very auspicious so we thought of keeping the engagement on that day and next month on 20th the wedding. Do you have any problem.

Payal: mama ji, as Khushi has already informed you we don't have anyone else and I need sometime to arrange for everything. Next Sunday means we have hardly six days. (She looked at Khushi and saw how happy she was.) OK mama ji I will arrange everything.

Arnav: di, don't get me wrong but we will have a simple engagement at our home with you all, so no need to worry. Is it OK mama and mami.

Mama: yes chote that is absolutely fine with us, what do you say Akash.

Akash: am ok with that, but marriage should be grand as it's my chote's marriage, he said to everyone but mainly looking at Payal.

All nodded their head to that. Payal was in her own thoughts which was noticed by Arnav and Akash. Arnav knew what she was thinking so he shook Payal and mouthed don't worry. She just smiled at him.

Payal: ok mamaji and mamiji, we will take our leave now. I have to go to hospital again as I have night duty today also. She told and got up.

Khushi was surprised that her jiji is doing night duty for the second day which she never does, but Arnav understood what Payal was trying to do, so he said

Arnav: oh... then I think let Khushi stay here as I also have night duty today and we don't want her to stay alone at Gupta house. Is that fine mama.

Mama: yes chote I will ask HP to make the guest room ready, let Khushi betiya stay here and you and Payal betiya can come here directly from hospital.

Khushi looked at Payal, who looked at her and nodded her head.

Payal: ok mamaji, then I will take my leave. She turned to Akash and said, Akash ji when Pari gets up feed her some liquid food and give her the medicines. If you want anything tell Khushi she will take care of it.

Akash just nodded his head. He saw some kind of pain in her eyes and he understood that his chote knows about it that is why he is going for night duty along with her. He looked at Khushi if she knew anything about it, but the happy face of Khushi told him that she doesn't know anything. Akash was shocked,  that he is thinking about another woman and her pain after two long years and it made him mad. He just walked away from there to his room shocking everyone present there.

I don't know what is happening to me, why can't I see any pain in Payal's eyes, why I feel like hugging her and consoling her. No Akash you have to stay away from her, but why can't I. He thought to himself sitting on his bed and looking at his daughter sleeping peacefully. He took out a photo from his cupboard and looked at it sadly.

So next update..

Like and comment,

Happy reading