8: Chakra Levels of the Noble Clans

Chapter 8: Chakra Levels of the Noble Clans.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

[Back in ROOT]

"Damn that Hiruzen!"

Shatter—!

Throwing a wine glass on the floor, it shattered into hundreds of fragments of glass that covered the floor in a thin layer.

Crack— Crunch!

Walking over the shattered pieces of glass, Danzo listened to the sharp, crisp sound of glass being crushed under his sandals. After walking to his throne, Danzo sat, absentmindedly gazing at the chips of glass on the floor.

As time passed, Danzo felt himself calming down. Finally, after he calmed down, he felt satisfied and began formulating a plan for the future under Hiruzen's close watch.

'I'll have to lay low for the next year. Tsk, all those years of planning, gone like a fleeting bubble in the desert. I was this close to getting my hands on the jinchuuriki...'

Danzo was a cold and merciless man. He would do whatever it took to get his hands on the things he wanted. As soon as he learned of the news about the jinchuuriki's status, he leaked the information to the public to unite Konoha and center their hatred on one person. Once that happens, he would become the sympathetic, veteran ninja who would give Naruto the wisdom and kindness of an old man.

If everything went according to plan, the jinchuuriki would fall into his lap.

Unfortunately, nothing ever goes as planned in the unforgiving, deceitful world of the ninjas.

'No, I still have a chance to win over the nine tails' jinchuuriki. If I remember correctly, he should be going to the academy soon,' Danzo thought, a sinister smile spreading across his aged face.

Satisfied with the plan he formulated, Danzo tapped his cane twice on the floor. Then, a ROOT ninja appeared in front of him.

"Observe the jinchuuriki. Report everything to me and when he goes to the academy, arrange someone to become his friend. He should be easy to manipulate so when the time comes," Danzo paused and smirked. He didn't finish his sentence, but the ROOT ninja didn't care and bowed to Danzo, showing that he understood the mission.

Although he was being strictly watched by Hiruzen, he wasn't worried about Hiruzen learning of his movements. ANBU was better at frontal assault and ambush, but ROOT was better at assassination and spying. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and for what Danzo planned to do, he was not afraid of being found.

'Hiruzen, I'll make you pay for this humiliation,' Danzo thought. The surveillance of Hiruzen was getting on his nerves. He felt humiliated. Even though Hiruzen's ANBU ninja was effectively useless when it comes to observing his movements, that's what irritated him the most.

It was like he was forced to behave himself as a child watches over him, it's too shameful!

'Well, the Uchiha is still alive and well. I can shift his focus to the Uchiha clan and get rid of his ANBU that way,' Danzo mused.

[With Naruto]

In the middle of a dimly lit room, a short figure covered in black sat with a wronged expression. He was holding a brush that was similarly covered in ink, and everything around him was painted black as if they were burnt.

Opening his eyes, his pale lavender eyes formed a contrast on his ink-covered face, making him frown even more. In front of him, a scroll was laid open, soaked in ink while the ink bottle he just unpacked was knocked down, spilling all the ink inside.