38: Chunin Exams (10): Fortune and Misfortune

Chapter 38: Chunin Exams (10): Fortune and Misfortune.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

SHAAAAA—

I narrowed my eyes as a blinding light engulfed me like a star from the sky had fallen on earth, and my ears were ringing from the shrill, screeching noise that was the result of the clash.

"GRRR," I let out a beastly growl. My brows are already furrowed to the fullest, and it was like I was wearing a medieval helmet with limited vision as a result. My gums were getting numb from gritting my teeth too much, but I can't help it.

Maintaining the Chidori feels like I'm holding a barbed wire, especially since I'm standing still instead of moving at high speeds, fighting for dominance against Hiroko's Rasengan. Unknowingly, my dojutsu was spinning like a windwheel, the two tomoes on each eye almost forming a circle, and I feel an itch originate from my eyes like ants were gnawing on my pupils.

'The jutsus are equal,' I grimace. This clash is too important, and I can't lose the tug of war. If Hiroko loses the battle, he can still fight the war, but if I lose the battle, I also lose the war as well.

'I don't have much chakra left,' I frown and roused my remaining chakra and channeled all of it into my left arm, where the Chidori was active. 'I have to gamble!'

CHAAAAA—CHIRP—CHIRP—CHIRP—

After overloading the Chidori, the sound of chirping birds intensified, and the shrill sound made the spectators feel like the world was spinning. After taking the gamble, my hands feel lighter, and it feels like my arm was freed from a heavy chain.

WHIIIIRL—

"UGH—?!"

Suddenly, the heavy feeling returned to my arms, and my hands feels hotter than ever before. My furrowed brows loosened and I turn to look at Hiroko in dismay. 'I forgot that he has more chakra than me!' After realizing this fact, I wanted to vomit blood. I'm sure my blood would be boiling if I spit it out.

"ARGHHH!"

My hands tensed, the veins around my eyes throbbed, and moments later my sclera turned red with blood. While looking like a demon from the underworld, I roared with reluctance and transferred all my strength to my hand, trying to push back Hiroko's Rasengan, but the latter wouldn't take a beating while lying down.

BANG!

My throat cramped up, trying to hold back the red liquid that tried to come out. Gritting my teeth, I resisted the urge to scream, and my eyes were red enough to drip actual blood. My nose was already dripping with hot blood, and my left arm feels hotter than the sun as if scalding magma was flowing inside my veins instead of warm blood, and my charka pathways were being destroyed by the second, making me feel as if my soul was being torn apart.

'MY ARM!'

I stared wide-eyed as the glowing blue orb came nearer and nearer to my hand. The spiraling blue chakra orb reminded me of a whirlpool. It looked so beautiful, but my sharingan was telling me otherwise.

'If that orb reaches me, my arm will melt!' I squirmed in mid-air, trying to turn my body urgently, but my opponent wasn't a piece of log. He followed my movements and aimed at my head. By this point, all I could see and hear was the vortex of chakra and the swirling sound it lets out.