68: Tricking Yagura

Chapter 68: Tricking Yagura

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

As a new sun rose above them, dust fell on their heads as they sat below an abandoned house. They were sitting on a few pieces of cardboard and wore fragile clothing. Naruto and Hinata sat near each other to share warmth in this unforgiving weather as they quivered in the cold.

Naturally, they were merely acting.

Naruto looked up, watching as ninjas jump from one rooftop to another. Their pace was hurried and their faces were filled with exhaustion, but they all wore determined looks. They wanted to find and capture the invader of their homeland, regardless of whether or not Yagura, their Mizukage, had ordered it or not.

'It's been a day,' Naruto thought. The set had set and the new day had just begun not too long ago. The air was still cool from last night's breeze. Despite looking for them for a whole day and finding no success, Yagura's determination to find him was unwavering and he never stopped.

He would always hear Yagura's yells and shout nearby. Each second of the day, Yagura would be giving out orders atop his lungs to his ninjas and occasionally, the man would kill some "lazy" ninjas.

'Despite all this time, that sensor from Yagura's side never exposed our exact location,' Naruto mused. 'Is he a traitor? Perhaps a rebel?' Naruto couldn't help but speculate. However, he shook his head after deliberating about it.

There was no way that a rebel would be able to penetrate so deep into Yagura's ranks with Yagura's caliber.

'Though, I wonder what Yagura will do when he finds out that a traitor was right next to him all along. He'd been wasting all his efforts when everything could've been dealt with in under a day,' Naruto chuckled.

After seeing Yagura's figure pass by, Naruto lowered his head and checked inside his chakra system. 'My chakra is just about full,' Naruto clicked his tongue. 'With Kurama's chakra mixing with mine, my chakra capacity damned near increased tenfold! And it's not done increasing...'

Naruto sighed in helplessness. 'This would've all been good if not for my chakra control becoming trash,' Naruto thought as he released his chakra from his palms. His chakra control was excellent. Near perfect, even. This was required as he was a Fuinjutsu Professor.

Each time he channels out his chakra, his chakra would look like silk flowing out of his body. But now...

CHRRKK—

As his chakra crawled out of his palm, it crackled and pulsed as if it was a current of electricity or lightning.

Seeing this, Naruto once more clicked his tongue and shook his head, his brows furrowed in frustration as he lamented his chakra control's deterioration.

'Thankfully, I can still do everything a Fuinjutsu Professor can do. Just, slower. Way slower,' Naruto thought as he focused hard. After a few minutes, his chakra smoothed out like a curtain of silk. Naruto sighed and wondered when he'd regain his previous chakra control.

With a shrug, Naruto stood up and supported Hinata as she stood up with him. Then, Naruto and Hinata discreetly nodded to each other as they walked forward.

They were walking toward where they last saw their target.

Of course, as they were only walking and their target was running at a fast pace, they were far from being able to catch up. It was similar to a turtle trying to catch a rabbit.

Nevertheless, the duo was patient and relentlessly kept walking.

FOOSH!

"What are you doing here?"

Yagura said as he looked at Naruto and Hinata. His eyes were narrowed and dangerously cold. Yagura was planning on killing these two "civilians" if they answered wrongly.

As expected, the "civilians" quaked in fear as they bowed to him. "Yagura-sama," they both said as their foreheads touched the floor.

Seeing this, Yagura narrowed his eyes.

'It should be the reaction I'm looking for... but something feels off,' Yagura speculated as he nitpicked each detail he saw.

Suddenly, as he was thinking, something clicked inside his mind.

'They moved exactly as one!'

No civilians would move like disciplined soldiers.

As he realized this, Hinata jumped to her feet and activated her byakugan as she took her stance.

"Eight Trigrams: One Hundred Twenty-Four Palms!"

PANG! PANG! PANG!

Before Yagura could react, Hinata was already shutting off his chakra points. Before three seconds ever passed, Hinata succeeded in rendering his chakra pathways useless.

As they say, even the strongest ninja will die to an unseen kunai.

"Cough!"

Yagura coughed and as he stumbled back, Naruto swooped in to deal the finishing blow. As to why Hinata couldn't kill Yagura, it was thanks to the three tails always protecting Yagura's vital organs.

GLEAM—

As Naruto's kunai neared his throat, Yagura mustered up all the strength he could to lean back, and suddenly, red chakra spilled out of his body and covered him in an instant. The red chakra turned darker as it became denser and finally, three tails sprouted out of his back

ROAAR!

Yagura jumped back and as he landed, he released an earth-shattering roar that blew Naruto and Hinata back.

"Nine tails' jinchuriki, you are dead!" Yagura. enraged, leaped toward Naruto.

"Really?" Naruto smirked as red chakra came out of his body, similar to Yagura, but he only sprouted two tails.

"We'll see about that," Naruto said as he blocked Yagura's claws with his hands. His hand started to be covered in corals, but Naruto already expected it and pushed his strength into his mouth and bit Yagura's wrist.

GRRR...

Then, he yanked Yagura and slammed him to the ground—BOOOM!

As Yagura was buried under piles of rock, Naruto smirked. His face looked like a feral fox as his fangs thickened and sharpened.

Then, as he took several scrolls out of his pocket, he spoke with his deep voice. "Yagura, this will be our last battle."

SSSSZZ...

Yagura glared at Naruto as he saw the explosive scrolls activating. However, he couldn't move as Naruto was pressing down on him.

"Fool! Are you trying to die with me?!" Yagura was befuddled. Sure, he knew that neither of them would die as they both had chakra cloaks. But they would certainly be heavily damaged.

"No. I'm simply trying to hold you down. Besides, I'm just a clone," Naruto laughed, making Yagura widen his eyes.

"A clone? Lies. How can a clone possibly hold me down?"

Yagura refused to believe that he was bested by a clone of all things.

TSS...

BOOOOOM!

As another earth-shattering explosion erupted, Naruto vanished in a puff of smoke leaving behind Yagura, who was at the center of the explosion, to scream out in rage.

"DAMNED YOU, NINE TAILS' JINCHURIKI!"

Yagura roared. He could accept being defeated.

But being tricked by a clone of all things was too humiliating for his tastes.

If you'd like to support me, you can check out my Pátreón page. There are 15+ advanced chapters there. That's two weeks of advanced content!

link: pátreón.cóm/endbanner (replace the accent letters)