64: A Brilliance in the Darkness

Chapter 64: A Brilliance in the Darkness

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

Feeling the surge of malevolent chakra spread out, Zabuza, Haku, and Hinata looked out. They looked toward Naruto and they all had the same thought.

'Someone was caught by the Mizukage.'

Only, Hinata activated her byakugan and grimaced at what she saw.

'Naruto-kun!'

SWOOSH!

"Urgh..."

Mind groggy, Naruto stood up. His skin was charred, and it looked as if they were peeling off his body as red blood and chakra mixed.

Soon, the bubbling red chakra formed a thick coat around Naruto, and behind him sprouted two tails.

"This... feels good!"

Naruto exclaimed. His body couldn't be worse, but he was feeling as if he had taken a bath for the first time in forever.

'That's because my chakra is stretching out your chakra coils at a rapid rate. Thankfully, your chakra system is strong enough to support the sudden surge. Otherwise, you'd be dead meat. Also, after this...'

'I know. After this, chakra control would be as hard as lifting the heavens.... and chakra chains would be no more.'

He can still use chakra chains as long as he can separate Kurama's chakra and his chakra. However, that would take a mountain of focus, something impossible for him to do in a hot battle.

"ROAAAR!"

Naruto roared in frustration and looked at Yagura, who was still inside his chakra cloak. Similarly, Yagura looked back at him with a frown.

"The kyuubi... is truly powerful."

Yagura could feel it. Even though Naruto was just in his two-tail chakra cloak, he was already as strong as him, who was in his final three-tail cloak.

"Yagura, let's fight again."

Naruto taunted and dashed toward YAgura. Compared to the latter, he was much faster. After all, he was a fox and the other was a turtle.

When Naruto appeared, he was already in front of Yagura. Yagura used his corals to block the assault, but even he was still blown back.

"Hmph."

Naruto scoffed. It was the first time since their battle that he wasn't hopeless against the Mizukage.

"You're foolish if you think that's it."

Yagura laughed and flickered. Naruto was the same as he charged at Yagura with his fist ready to slam against a face.

BANG! CRACK—!

When Naruto's fists hit Yagura, Yagura used his coral once again to block it. Like before, Yagura flew back but he regained his balance. However, Naruto's fist was now covered in corals.

'Naruto, the battle has to be quick. Otherwise, our link will be cut off as this is our first time using my chakra,' Kurama said, 'Our first time in a long while, anyway.'

'Got it. Thanks for the heads up.'

Naruto clenched his fist and destroyed the corals in one go.

After destroying Yagura's corals, Naruto crossed his fingers.