58: Infiltrating Kirigakure

Chapter 58: Infiltrating Kirigakure Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

"Naruto, how do you think we should help?"

Zabuza asked, turning to face Naruto beside him. Haku and Hinata separated from the group as they were tasked to gather information.

"I don't really know. This is my first time facing a civil war. It's not like I can just blow up the country."

Hearing Naruto's reply, Zabuza's eye twitched.

"Well... let's first wait for Haku and Hinata. Then, we'll proceed."

Zabuza said and was about to leave when he paused.

"Oh, right. How much supply do you have right now?"

"None. But I can easily restock, don't worry."

Naruto said and waved off Zabzua's worries. He was now a Fuinjutsu Professor. Making a few dozen Explosive Scrolls won't take too long.

"Okay. It'll help if you develop a new type of seal that can suppress ninjas, rather than kill them or leave them mentally unsound."

Zabuza said and narrowed his eyes. When he saw Naruto halt in his steps and chuckle awkwardly, he felt as if he had diverted a catastrophe.

"Okay. I'll try."

When Zabuza left, Naruto took out a scroll and racked his mind for a new Sealing Formula. He could simply create restriction seals, but against the Three-Tailed Jinchuriki, normal restriction seals won't work.

"I can use my chains... but what if the others encounter the mizukage when I'm not there?"

He was worried about Hinata.

"I need a sealing formula that is as effective as my chains while being convenient and easy to use. Preferably, the effects should be instantaneous."

Humming in thought, Naruto remained in the same position and place until nightfall. By then, Hinata and Haku had returned.

"The village is in turmoil, as expected. Ninjas under the Mizukage's rule is all over the place. Civilians simply are too afraid to rally, and people with bloodlines are hiding from sight."

Hinata said. She and Haku scanned the populated areas of the village using her Byakugan, and they separated to search the more remote places of the archipelago.

"The ninjas under the mizukage have four main camps. Two at the east, and one at the north and south. At the west, we couldn't quite scout the west, it was heavily guarded by the rebel forces."

Hinata explained and allowed Naruto to digest the information.

"The rebels likely chose the west so they can easily escape should the situation turn for the worse."

Naruto said and Zabuza agreed. The west was the closest to the mainland, and the mizukage's forces would be delayed if they tried to chase after the rebels.

"That being said, what is the situation with the rebels? Are there any bloodline families that aren't part of them?"

"There are some bloodline families that aren't part of the rebel forces," Haku said. "They are mostly people who are stranded or are in a difficult area that makes it impossible for them to be evacuated."

"Hmm..."

"Naruto, let's evacuate those people first."

Zabuza suggested. Even though he didn't have a bloodline, he felt sympathy for those that had and were being suppressed by the mizukage. With Haku by his side, he felt a little obligated to save as many bloodline users as he can.