70: Departure of the Spectator

Chapter 70: Departure of the Spectator

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

*****

"Sorry Yagura, but you'll have to fake your death for now," Naruto whispered as he unsealed his chokuto and lifted it high above Yagura's neck.

"What are—" Before Yagura could utter more confused words, Naruto kicked a scroll under Yagura's body and Yagura suddenly froze as Naruto swung his sword.

CHHKKK—

Yagura's widened eyes froze on his severed head as it arched away from his body. When his head landed, it rolled on the ground as his eyes were forced to close from the collision with the ground.

As Yagura's bloody head rolled, it stopped in front of someone's foot.

". . . You... killed the fourth Mizukage," Naruto looked up and saw the person speaking. It was a girl with auburn spiky hair that was long enough to reach her hips. She wore a blue dress, and her face was as solemn as the gods above.

"You shall pay! Lava Release: Hellfire Rain!" Mei yelled, her face as dark as the demons below the lava she can wield.

SHHHHH!

As Mei finished a sequence of hand-seals, she opened her mouth and spat out hundreds of tiny needle-sized lava bullets that rained upon Naruto and Hinata.

Seeing as the reddish-orange come closer and closer to their view, Naruto sighed and grabbed Hinata's hand. "Let's go," he said. Hinata seemed reluctant, but after Naruto gave her hand a slight tug, she shook off all of her worries.

SHHT.

When she saw Naruto taking out something from the insides of his clothes, her brows raised a little before she smiled. Now, she could truly let go of her hesitation as she channeled chakra into her legs. Naruto smiled and did the same.

Then, their figures flickered out of the battlefield, which was as desolate as the desert, only the sand was replaced with stone and dust. Blood and dust of flesh lingered in the air like a mist of red as Mei's brows furrowed further, nearly knitting each other like two swords clashing.

Her anger was as potent as her lava and boil release as she flexed her fingers and weaved a series of hand seals.

"Boil Release: Acid Mist Jutsu!"

HAAAA!

Mei exhaled a stream of white smoke like an exhausted dragon's breath.

"You are not getting away!" Mei yelled out and looked behind her as the acid mist chased after the duo. "Ao, Chojuro, chase after them! Lead the others and chase after them! THEY ARE THE ENEMIES OF KIRIGAKURE! I, the fifth Mizukage, declare—"

Mei's eyes turned dim as her emotions calmed down in an instant. She had no idea when she turned enraged, and she didn't know how she calmed down.

"Mei-sama... no, Mizukage-sama?" Seeing Mei halt her orders, Ao couldn't help but narrow his eyes.

"Hold on," Mei raised her palm and lifted the scroll that suddenly appeared in her hand. "Mizukage-sama?" Ao asked, equally baffled about the scroll that had appeared.

SHHH....

Opening the scroll, which was slightly old as its pages had turned yellow, Mei narrowed her eyes to read the messy letters and words.

"What terrible handwriting," Mei muttered as she read the scroll.

THUD.

After she finished reading it, her hands turned numb.