Land of Whirlpools (5): Golden Dragon Scroll

Chapter 19: Land of Whirlpools (5): Golden Dragon Scroll.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

A kilometer away from Menma, standing atop a giant boulder were three figures. The trees around them shook like beggars on a winter night, and even the boulder they were standing on would tremble violently. The wind blew like a tyrant, forcing them to use chakra on their feet lest they be blown away. Their hair and clothes were already fluttering like a lone plant on a hurricane, trying but failing to tear away from their bodies.

"Damn, it was that strong?"

The figure at the center asked, her voice slightly quivering. She was Blood Rose, the leader of Thunder Roses bandit army. On her left was Phantom Senbon, the elusive old man who could disappear and reappear like a phantom, and on her right was White Bear Emperor.

She despised White Bear Emperor. Despite having such a grand title, he was actually the weakest of the three. The only reason he had such a title in the first place is that he had the biggest bandit army out of the three.

VRRRrrr...

When the ground stopped shaking, and the fireworks in the forest stopped exploding, the forest regained its calm. Literally. Not a single insect could be heard, let alone birds and other animals. More than half a kilometer away, a circle with a diameter of five hundred meters was scorched black, sparing none that was unfortunate enough to be within its range.

"I wanted to make sure."

Shirokuma shrugged, while Blood Rose's brow twitched. What did he want to make sure of? That the forest will have a giant hole in the middle of nowhere? A hundred of her wouldn't survive that explosion, let alone a little boy who was weaker than her.

"Phantom, can I stay at your place for a while?"

Shirokuma asked. His White Bear bandit army was thoroughly eradicated. He only had Takumashii and the White Bear Kings left, so he asked his old friend for assistance.

Between the three of them, the old ninja was no doubt the most benevolent and humble, Blood Rose was the most overbearing and hot-headed, and he was the most arrogant and conceited.

"Okay. You'll go to my mansion."

Phantom Senbon replied, already knowing Shirokuma's intention. Shirokuma's "for a while" meant for a few years, maybe decades. Hell, he may not even leave the mansion anymore!

"What the hell are you, a beggar?"

Blood Rose scoffed and slapped Shirokuma's back, knocking the air out of his lungs.

"Cough! You-cough! Fucking... sigh, whatever. I lost most of my money when we blew up that part of the forest. Thankfully, the slaves have already been transferred into your bases."

'Unfortunately... or fortunately, I burned all the Uzumaki beforehand.'

Shirokuma never told Blood Rose and Phantom Senbon about the Uzumaki slaves he caught. Instead, he burned them all before the other two could see or know about them. If he can't have it, then no one can.

About a hundred meters underground, covered in rocks and dirt, a boy was silently hiding in place. Because of the hard soil around him, he could barely breathe, but he didn't dare rise up to the surface.

The boy was Menma.

'Fox, can you sense them?'

'No. They left already.'