80: Hidan's Fate

Arc: The Uzumaki Clan

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

*

"Damned idiot," Kakuzu cursed at his partner.

"Wind Release: Wind Phantom Jutsu," Kakuzu mumbled as his skin returned to its original color before his entire body seemed to turn ethereal. Gaara narrowed his eyes seeing the changes in Kakuzu, but he didn't care. His target was Hidan, not Kakuzu.

SHHH...as tsunamis of sand flooded the area, Hidan jumped to try and outrun the sand, but the sand was faster. "Fuck. Kakuzu, help me!" Hidan cried out but Kakuzu ignored him. "Kakuzu!"

"Fucking meathead, you're such an idiot!" Kakuzu yelled back when Hidan looked at him. Hidan's eyes were bloodshot as the sand slowly covered his lower body. "You should've gone for the jinchuriki first, not his sister!" Though he said that, a mask was missing from his back. Secretly, one of his hearts was trying to dig into the sand.

Unfortunately, the needle monster wasn't making any progress.

'Tsk, what bad luck,' Kakuzu thought as he took one final look at Hidan. 'The Ichibi is a bad match for us,' he thought. "Sorry, Hidan. Wait for a while in darkness. You're immortal anyway," Kakuzu yelled and his skin became even more obscure. After a moment, he seemed to turn invisible and only his rough outline was visible, though it looked like a solid mass of wind rather than a person.

SWOOOSH!

"KAKUZU! SHIT," Hidan panicked when he saw Kakuzu's figure flying away, and before he could mutter a few more curses, the sand covered his face. Of course, he was able to say his last words, "I'll escape one day and I'll kill you, Ichibi jinchuriki!"

"Hmph," Gaara scoffed, "You'll never get out of there," he declared and watched as fuinjutsu symbols appeared on the sand pyramid that had formed. He didn't understand any of them, but he somehow knew that it was meant to stop others from breaking the seal.

Over time, the sand pyramid would crumble, and the person sealed inside would be turned into sand.

"Gaara, what happened?" As Gaara finished his jutsu, Naruto suddenly flickered next to him. Likewise, Itachi and Kisame flickered next to Kakuzu, who had canceled out his jutsu.

As it turns out, Wind Phantom Jutsu was a double-edged sword, as Kakuzu was now full of cuts.

"Temari... was nearly killed by that bastard. Somehow, all the damage he takes is transferred to Temari," Gaara said. Hearing his report, Naruto narrowed his eyes. "That's one overpowered ability," he said. "But it's not like he would commit suicide just to kill one enemy, right?" Naruto mumbled when he remembered the duo's title.

"Never mind. Let me guess, he's immortal?"

"Yes. He doesn't seem to die even after I slit his throat," Gaara replied as his body manifested above Shukaku's head. Then, he glared at the Akatsuki trio that was watching them from a distance.

"It's my fault. I thought that since I was their target, they'd focus on me. I didn't expect that maniac to target Temari," he growled. Meanwhile, Naruto nodded his head. 'Well, it makes sense. In a fight, you get rid of the long-range support first when possible.'

Though he agreed with Hidan's methods, he didn't dwell on it for too long and glanced at Gaara, "We'll retreat."

"What?" Gaara looked at Naruto with shocked eyes. "We outnumber them heavily, and—"

Before he could finish, Naruto raised his hand to explain.

"Kisame is with us, I can't have him blowing up his cover too quickly," Naruto whispered. He made sure to block his lips as he spoke to prevent being lip-read by the Akatsuki.

"Huh?" Gaara muttered dumbly. "I'll explain later," Naruto said and grabbed Gaara's shoulder before letting go and jumping toward the rest of the group. He tapped them all one by one before he flickered next to the sand pyramid.

"What's he doing?" Kakuzu frowned and sent his wind and fire hearts to attack Naruto. Naruto didn't seem to care as he simply placed his palm on the sand.

"Fuinjutsu: Seal," Naruto smirked and before anyone could blink, the giant pyramid that towered over the trees vanished without a trace.

"What..." Kakuzu mumbled in surprise when he felt his water heart, the one trying to dig Hidan out, disconnect from him. "Bye-bye," Naruto smiled and waved at the trio.

FLASH!

With a blinding red flash, Naruto, Gaara, and everyone in their group vanished without a trace. "They're trying to escape," Kakuzu frowned. "Though that technique feels familiar. Itachi, Kisame, quick, let's chase after them!" Kakuzu said as he flew toward Naruto and Co.

"What for?" Kisame raised his brow. "We can't capture them at this rate," he added but Kakuzu didn't stop. "What utter crap. Stop being lazy and come with me. With your strength and Itachi's genjutsu, we can easily take down their group. And with my support..." Kakuzu didn't finish his sentence as Kisame already wore a solemn look.

"Alright, fine. Itachi-san, are you tired?" Kisame grinned at Itachi. "No," the man simply replied. "Well, let's go."

As soon as Naruto and his group reappeared, he immediately dashed toward Hinata and carried her bridal style. Then, he started running in a straight line. The group was bewildered for a few moments before following suit.

"Everyone, we'll be heading toward the land of whirlpools," Naruto said when he sensed the three Akatsuki members chasing after them. 'They'll catch up soon,' he thought.

What he did wasn't the Flying Thunder God. He didn't know how to do it yet, nor how to make his jutsu-formula for the Flying Thunder God. Instead, he took inspiration from the Flying Thunder God and incorporated it with the Body Flicker Jutsu.

'The distance is limited. If it weren't for that, I would've liked to transport us all to Uzushio,' Naruto sighed.

"Everyone, prepare for battle," he warned and as he predicted, Kakuzu, Kisame, and Itachi appeared behind them. "Are the others close?" Kisame whispered to Itachi, though Naruto heard him perfectly fine. 'Thanks to my Kyuubi-enhanced ears,' Naruto smirked.

'What is Kisame trying to tell?'

Naruto didn't see it, but Itachi nodded at Kisame's question. "Good. It's good to have backup plans," he said and chuckled.

Hearing his words, Naruto grimaced. 'The others are close, whoever they are. And backup plans. Do they have reinforcements?' Naruto deduced and patted his abdomen to check for his supply.

'Ten Explosive Scrolls... well, might as well use them all if I'm gonna be flashy.'

As he thought of that, Naruto did something that would make Deidara proud.

He dropped all the Explosive Scrolls to the ground and as they fell, Naruto mumbled with a smirk, "Activate—"

BOOOOOOM!

Meanwhile, Kurama shook his head inside the seal. 'For goodness sake. What kind of god is he trying to become? The god of explosions?'

If that were true, then a certain blonde bomb maniac would worship him.

*

You can support me while reading 25 advanced chapters on my Pátreón page. That's 3 weeks of advanced chapters!

Link: pátreón.cóm/endbanner (replace the accent letters)