Land of Whirlpools (6): The Crow

Chapter 20: Land of Whirlpools (6): The Crow.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Yukito rolled the Golden Dragon Scroll close and walked toward the fallen twin wolf. Huge patches of the twin wolf's body were burnt black, letting out a foul, rotten egg stench. Yukito had to cover his nose in chakra to avoid fainting.

If a normal human smelled this stench, they would at most be irritated. But Yukito's nose had been enhanced multiple times in his entire life, so his sense of smell was beyond the imagination of normal humans. In short, this stench that was concocted using the wolf's fur, skin, flesh, blood, other body fluids, and grime was simply unbearable.

"I wonder what I can do with a twin wolf's body," Yukito muttered.

The twin wolf was a chakra beast. Although he wasn't sure if he could eat its flesh, he was sure that he could use its body parts for a variety of sealing techniques.

For example, he could create puppets...

"I better not think about puppets right now."

But that idea could only be shelved for now.

Menma could learn how to use chakra puppets controlled through chakra strings. However, seal puppets, made from sealing techniques, function on a set of different rules. Unlike chakra puppets, which needed the puppeteer, a seal puppet can function independently!

Take a look at Ichiro and the others, they were basically a living human. That was the difference between seal puppets and chakra puppets.

Of course, the caveat is that you needed to be a seal master before you can even think about creating seal puppets.

The idea behind seal puppets was fairly simple. You need a chakra battery for the puppet to use, a system for the puppet to follow instructions and function independently, and a strong enough body that can withstand being infused with chakra for a long time.

However, implementing these ideas was far from simple. Think of it as a man trying to fly. No matter how simple flying looked while you watch a bird fly, a man cannot fly. Why? He has no wings! He first has to create a machine to help him fly.

"But I can at least preserve this twin wolf's body."

You can use any material for the seal puppet's body, but materials from living beings tend to have great compatibility with chakra, and they can withstand the natural erosion and destructive properties of chakra.

Satisfied with the idea, Yukito nodded his head.

Yukito took out a scroll from the storage scroll on his waist, which he now calls "Cloud Scroll," and drew a preservation sealing formula and a storage sealing formula.

It took him ten minutes to finish writing the two seals, after which he stored the twin wolf's body inside.

"Maybe I should collect each chakra beast's body I find..."

Yukito pondered before shaking his head and rejecting the idea. He doesn't have an infinite number of scrolls, he couldn't possibly collect all the bodies of the chakra beasts in the entire land of whirlpools.

He also doesn't want chakra beasts to go extinct, so it was better not to disturb their environment... at least until he has a way to create chakra beasts from scratch.

After sealing away the twin wolf, Yukito made his way deeper into the land of whirlpools. Previously, when he was pressed for time, he only explored the outskirts of this island because he didn't want to get caught up in a fight with the stronger chakra beasts hiding deep on the island.