77: A Loyal Ninja

Chapter 77: A Loyal Ninja

Arc: The Uzumaki Clan

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

End Banner: You can check out daily chapters (as they should be. everything is a bit delayed here on FanFiction and Wattpad) on Webnovel! *this was supposed to be published on 7/2/2023, but I forgot, oops.

As the group neared the entrance, Karin frowned. "I sense Orochimaru's chakra. He seems... to have been there for a while now," she said. "I know," Naruto replied. Hearing him, Karin looked at him but didn't respond.

'He's relaxed. Well, as relaxed as a shinobi can be,' Naruto thought. From his senses, he could see that Orochimaru had no plans to fight. It was as if he was waiting for them to arrive like a good friend.

'What are you planning, damned snake?'

Naruto narrowed his eyes as they breezed through the dark tunnels made of rocks.

SWOOSH! SWOOSH!

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here. Karin, you are betraying me, I see?" Orochimaru chuckled. "You already knew she betrayed you from the start," Naruto said. Orochimaru merely stayed quiet at the accusation.

"How is it going, kyuubi-jinchuriki?" Orochimaru asked as he looked at Naruto. His smirk never left his face, even in the face of Naruto's group. Naruto stood straight and crossed his arms.

"I've been well, snake. How are you? Is your genjutsu resistance doing better now?" Naruto mocked. Orochimaru shook his head, "It's so-so. Hmm, it was nice meeting you, but I've got to go now," Orochimaru chuckled as his body melted on the floor.

"Orochimaru, you bastard!" Karin yelled and was about to dash at Orochimaru when Naruto's arm blocked her. "What are you doing?! He's getting away!" Karin yelled. "That's just a genjutsu. Even if you attack him now, your efforts will have gone to waste," Naruto scoffed.

"Genjutsu? Bullshit," Karin frowned and sensed Orochimaru's chakra gain. He was still melting to the ground, and Karin could sense his chakra. It meant that he was still there. "You won't be able to know as you can't see sealing chakra. But I can see that right now, Orochimaru is in a state between genjutsu and reality. I wonder how he created the seal..."

Hearing Naruto's words, Orochimaru raised his brows in surprise. "Oh? You're a Fuinjutsu Professor now? Well, I shouldn't have been shocked. You have one of the purest Uzumaki blood, after all. Though, I feel sorry for Minato's genes," Orochimaru laughed one final time before his body disappeared into the rock below.

Naruto frowned at the mention of his father. 'What is his agenda? Does he think we are good friends or something?'

Naruto's heart began thumping loudly, though slowly. His chest felt light, and his instincts were warning him about something.

Something he couldn't fathom.

'Just what is going on? I feel like I'm under a blindfold. And I hate it.'

"Let's hurry," Naruto urged and rushed toward the trapdoor. Gaara tried to use his sand to open it, but Naruto was faster.

WHIRRRLLLL!

"Ninjutsu: Giant Rasengan!"

BANG! CRASH—"Quick, stop wasting time. We're on a tight schedule," Naruto yelled as he flickered behind Hinata and carried her princess style. Gaara narrowed his eyes at Naruto's hurried actions, but he didn't delay and used his sand to carry everyone in the group with the exception of Naruto.