71: Negotiations

Chapter 71: Negotiations

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

*****

"What do you mean by—?" Mei couldn't finish her sentence as before she could, Naruto took out a scroll. The ever-so-alert Ao and Chojuro tried to attack Naruto, but Mei's glare stopped them. She was still cautious around Naruto, but she was a little hopeful.

"I mean, Yagura, the Fourth Mizukage, is still breathing, and well... hmm, maybe not the last part, but he's still breathing," Naruto rubbed his head.

"Mei-sama, please—"

"Ao, shut up. Or I'll kill you," Mei smiled as she looked at Ao. Ao gulped and didn't say anything else but narrow his eyes at Naruto.

Mei pondered Naruto's words for a moment before a conclusion formed inside her head as she spoke, "What do you want, Uzumaki-san?" Mei asked with a smile. Ao and Chojuro looked at her, a bit disbelieving. Mei spoke politely to Mei, meaning that she didn't view him in a bad way anymore.

At least, not for now.

"What I want is simple," Naruto said and outstretched his hands as if to embrace everyone in the tent.

"I want..."

"You can't have Kirigakure," Mei intervened. Hearing her words, Naruto's eyes twitched as he lowered his hands. "That's not what I... whatever," Naruto shook his head. Every time he explained his grand project, he'd always outstretched his arms as if to embrace the world.

He didn't know when he started it, but the habit stuck to him.

'Maybe it gives off a bad vibe,' Naruto sweatdropped.

"I want an alliance," Naruto said and waited for Mei to intervene. She didn't.

"Hmm, let me elaborate. I want Yagura, or more precisely, the three-tails jinchuriki, to be my ally," Naruto said as his arms tried to lift themselves, but he forced them back down.

"I am creating a 'sanctuary' for all outcasts who wish peace like me... Well, let me change that. I want to create a sanctuary for all my loved ones, and for the loved ones of my allies," Naruto said.

"I want them to be safe, no matter what happens out in the ninja world. And I want the tailed beast to be their guardian. From the start, tailed beasts were supposed to be guardians of the world until they weren't," Naruto said and waited for Mei to devour his speech.

It took Mei three seconds to come up with a response.

"Why should ally with you 'sanctuary?' What's in it for us?" Mei narrowed her eyes.

"You get to have me and the one-tails jinchuriki as your allies. Furthermore, I'm gathering all the Uzumaki back, and you'll have them as an ally," Naruto said.

"That's not very attractive, don't you think?" Mei raised her brow.

"How come? You can have me as your ally. Did the legacy of the Uzumaki go by your head when you were born?" Naruto couldn't help but ask. "Or do you not know my heritage?"

"I know about the Uzumaki... and I'm pretty sure you're Lord Fourth Hokage's son. But still, it doesn't convince me to become your ally," Mei said.

"You really don't understand, huh?" Naruto's fingers twitched. For a while now, he'd been itching to erase Kirigakure from the shinobi world.

He only held back because of his deal with Zabuza and because of Hinata.

"I'm a Fuinjutsu Expert, soon to be a Fuinjutsu Master. I'm also the nine-tails jinchuriki, the Nine Tails. The strongest bijuu, even stronger than if all the other eight tailed-beasts team up together," Naruto said in a monotone voice, but Mei's impassive face told him that it wouldn't be easy.