Land of Whirlpools (9): Uzumaki Clan Scroll and the Summoning Contract.

Chapter 23: Land of Whirlpools (9): Uzumaki Clan Scroll and the Summoning Contract.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

The air was polluted by dust, and the sun was blocked by thick clouds, making it seem as if dusk was approaching. The grass on the ground was sparse, and the cracks in the soil spread throughout the area like a never-ending spider web. There were no trees in sight, and not a single plant was alive in the vicinity of this broken village.

Everywhere Yukito looked, all he could see were broken buildings, and fallen towers, and he even saw a steep mountain split in half!

Because every building had been razed to the ground as if a giant had stomped on the ground, a single building stood out from the rest.

It was a tower, painted in deep red with a large vortex pattern sculpted at the front of the tower. The dust that had accumulated made it look darker, and Yukito couldn't say it was unscathed, literally the left half of the tower was missing.

However, it was the only building that wasn't in complete ruins.

"I wonder if it's similar to the hokage tower. It must be sturdy, too, for it to survive the fall of Uzu."

Yukito had long realized that this place was most likely the fallen Uzushiogakure, his ancestral home.

Yukito shook his head. Uzumaki's downfall was a mystery to him, and now, he had the chance to learn the truth. Yukito moved closer to the tower and opened the door.

Creaaak—

The rusty hinges made it hard for Yukito to open the door, and when he did, the door creaked loudly. In all honesty, he could enter from the broken half of the building, but that felt too disrespectful even for his taste.

Yukito's arrogance had long been dulled down not only by the bandits but also by that one crow.

His goal was still as grand as before, to become a god-like being, but he would now proceed with caution and be sure to not step over everyone he sees. He would still pummel others into the mud, but that's only after he confirmed that he could handle the consequences.

'I've come a long way, haven't I?'

Looking back on when he first left the village with Orochimaru, Yukito couldn't help but smile wryly. If his past self could see the present him, he would surely mock his present self, saying things like "You're a coward" and "You're weak."

"Sigh... It's a good thing I left the village. I was being raised like a greenhouse flower without even realizing it."

Thud.

After closing the door behind him, Yukito looked around and tried to ignore the left side of the tower.

". . ."

The result rendered him speechless.

"What an addict. I approve!" Yukito laughed merrily like a child who saw his friend trip and fall on his face.

The walls were covered in scrolls. You couldn't even see the wall, the scrolls were the wall!

After releasing all the pent-up stress inside him through that one long laughing session, Yukito smiled brightly and opened the first scroll on the far left.

He didn't need to read the entire scroll before his smile faded.

"What the hell?"

The scroll was full of rubbish. To be exact, it was full of records about the village.