65: Two Ninjas Against a Village

Chapter 65: Two Ninjas Against a Village

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

"Hinata, hold onto me," Naruto said as his chakra cloak subsided into his body. After the red chakra vanished, he felt his own chakra trying to purge the fox's chakra, but it was a fool's dream. No matter how strong, or pure, his chakra could never be as potent as Kurama's.

"Naruto-kun, are you alright?" Hinata asked as she grabbed and jumped to Naruto's back after the latter crouched down. Naruto stood up and blitzed out of the area before replying, "I'm good. Just... a little sour."

Naruto ran, never looking back at him. He didn't even realize that his speed had increased by several folds. Him without the kyuubi's chakra versus him with the kyuubi's chakra, the difference was night and day.

As they ran, Yagura stood up from the small crater he got stuck on. Naruto didn't hold back with that one punch and used all of Kurama's chakra he could use. That's why, after the punch, he couldn't maintain the chakra cloak.

"Fuck."

Yagura cursed as his chakra cloak thinned. Naruto wasn't the only one in a timer. Yagura was too. Though, his time using the three tail's chakra was longer than Naruto, as he was a perfect jinchuriki. Unfortunately, or fortunately, no matter how perfect of a jinchuriki he was, he can never reach his full potential.

All thanks to a certain rogue Uchiha.

"Chase after him!"

Yagura yelled as he tried to stand up. "Urgh!" Only, he fell to his knees. Shocked, Yagura looked down at his hands and felt a tingling sensation.

"ARGH!" Suddenly, his head was assaulted by a wave of pain as he clutched his head. He couldn't even think properly as the pain came in waves, non-stop.

SWIIIRRLL...

"The genjutsu is becoming weaker and weaker against him..." Coming out of a swirling portal was a man wearing an orange mask. As he watched Yagura struggle for a few seconds, he reached out his hand to grab the Mizukage's head.

If mist ninjas were around, they would've tried to assault the masked man. Sadly, the poor Mizukage had just sent them all away. Furthermore, defeating the masked man was uncertain.

"When the genjutsu becomes useless, it'll be the time to let the rebels win," the masked man chuckled. He didn't really care for what happened next. No matter what, Kirigakure can't regain its former glory for a long time. Perhaps, his dreams would've already been fulfilled when that time came.

By then, everyone would be happy.

"This world... is too muddled," the masked man muttered as Yagura calmed down. Though, his eyes were lifeless like the stone beneath his feet. "That settles it. Zetsu, give him the nine-tails' location. But don't give him their exact location. I want to keep watching for a while."

The masked man knew that the Mizukage stood no chance against Naruto if they fought for a long time, but with the right opportunity and a proper ambush, even Naruto and the nine-tails would be helpless against death.

"Okay," Zetsu, a plant-like man, nodded with a silly grin on his face. The masked man clicked his tongue before vanishing in the swirling portal as if he was never there. As soon as he disappeared, the light in Yagura's eyes returned.

"You, tell me the nine-tails jinchuriki's location!" YAgura yelled to Zetsu. He acted as if the plant-like man was his right-hand man, but the latter didn't mind it.