15

Daisy

I had showered and put on a pair of pyjamas from one of the drawers that Yoongi had cleared out for me.

I didn't want to unpack as it made me feel like me staying in this house was sort of permanent, but I had to face reality. I couldn't go back home.

Bee had joined me after I had showered, sat cross legged on Yoongi's bed wearing what she told me was Jungkook's t-shirt that hit her at mid-thigh and a pair of boxers that Jimin apparently grew out of when he was much younger.

She had painstakingly gone through an absolute tonne of information in an easy-to-understand way, detailing my adopted family's business and the terrible things they had done. I wouldn't have believed her, but after my father told me himself that he was marrying me off for business it made sense. It also explained why he had made Jooheon date Hyori.

She had painted all of my toenails and fingernails while she was at it, telling me she wanted to make me feel better - before admitting she also just hated sitting still.

It was calming and quite pleasant to actually enjoy spending time with a friend, but Jungkook had come to the door half an hour ago and swept her away to their bedroom.

I was fiddling with my phone, seeing that I had a few missed calls from Jooheon when the door opened and closed softly.

"You're not asleep? It's almost one AM," Yoongi's eyes were still intense as he moved his hand to the light switch.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

He frowned at me, "Why are you apologising?"

I honestly didn't know how to respond and he sighed, "Whatever. Get into the bed and move over, I'm tired,"

He flicked the light off and I clambered under the duvet, listening to the rustling of Yoongi removing his clothes.

When he slid into the bed next to me, my whole body tensed up, but he just moved about until he was comfortable.

"I'm not going to do anything you don't want me to do," His voice snapped out, but the tone was more tired, "I'm not a good man, but I'm not a fucking monster,"

I turned to my side so my back was facing him, squeezing my eyes shut. I could feel them burning as tears began to build. Yoongi and his friends had never forced me into anything. Yes, they were pushy and touchy but I got the strong feeling that if I told them to stop, they would. They made me feel safe.

They hadn't pulled me against my will to sit on them and spread my legs so everyone else could see what underwear I was wearing. None of them came into the shower while I was washing myself, or dragged me around leaving fingerprints bruised on my arms. They had never shown any anger towards me.

I began to tremble as I fought the tears and the emotions back. My life was never going to be the same. My loving parents were snatched from me by gang members, and here I was in the bed of one; accepting his protection for services that hadn't even been discussed yet. But I felt safe. Safer than I had since I had begun to live woth my adoptive family.

The trembles turned into shakes as silent sobs wracked through my body. I heard a sigh from behind me, then a body moved so it was flush against my back, curving around me as an arm pushed its way under my neck and the other wrapped around my waist.

Yoongi's chest was bare, I could feel it against my exposed skin, but I didn't dislike it. In fact, the heat radiating from me gave me comfort.

"I'm sorry everything has ended up this way," His voice was gruff, as if he wasn't used to offering words of comfort, "But I promised you protection, and you have it - not just from me, but from my father. You have our entire group behind you, you're safe,"

I couldn't reply and he tightened his arms around me for a moment, "Not to mention the two horn dogs in their rooms either side of this one. I'm pretty sure they'd do anything just to see you smile,"

I couldn't help but huff out a silent laugh. Hoseok and Namjoon had been good to me.

Yoongi pulled his arm out from under my neck and propped himself up, using his other hand to gently pull my chin so I was looking at his figure in the dark room, "I want to see you smile, too, Princess," He murmured, leaning down and placing a soft kiss against my forehead before flopping back down onto the mattress hard enough that I bounced, "Now stop fucking crying and go to fucking sleep,"