Side story Part 1

Bee aged thirteen

The foster parents next door had two new kids again. I didn't know how people kept putting kids in their care when they were never even home but as I stared out of my shitty bedroom window to the dead grass on the crap shared garden behind out run down house, there were two boys my age doing something sketchy.

They'd been living at the house for a week or so but this was the first time I'd actually seen them.

One was super skinny with clothes that hung off him and haunted eyes. The other already had defined muscles in his biceps and split knuckles. They looked like trouble - but everyone around here was trouble.

I was content to just leave them to get into whatever shit they were doing until I saw a flash of something that made me mad. My older brother was dead because of shit like that.

"You're kidding me!"

I stomped through my dilapidated home and out through the barely-hanging-on back door.

Without even thinking, I yanked the bag of powder from the skinny boys hands.

"Hey!" He stood up and whirled to face me, anger on his actually super cute face, "Who the fuck are you, bitch?"

The other boy also stood up, his fists clenched. I wasn't quite sure if he'd hit me or not, but I could take a hit. My dad made sure of that.

"Don't bring this shit around here!" I threw the bag into the green looking pond and the boy scrambled after it, panic on his features. The other boy grabbed him and hauled him back.

"I don't know who the fuck you think you are-" The one with the split knuckles growled at me.

I smiled and held out my hand, "My name is Bee, I'm your neighbour and if I see you with drugs again, I'll stab you,"

He paused before a grin spread his lips and he shook my hand gently, "I'm Jungkook. He's Jimin,"

Jimin had panic all over his face at the loss of his drugs and I actually did feel bad for him. The fact that he was snorting cocaine at this age said a lot about where he had come from.

"One minute," I said, running back into my house. As usual, the cupboards and fridge were mostly devoid of anything but there was a half empty and mostly flat bottle of Dr Pepper in the fridge.

I grabbed three mismatched cups and took the bottle out to the boys, sitting down on front of them and pouring them full of the probably off drink.

After a moment, they did sit down with me to drink and talk.

—-

Bee aged seventeen

I had just finished my shift at the strip club and was rubbing antiseptic wash over my legs. I had been on the pole tonight and too many hands had grabbed me.

As I fished around for my change of clothes, the door to the backstage area crashed open. It wasn't a surprise that security weren't standing guard - this place was seedy as shit. They hired me when I was sixteen for fucks sake - I had only just turned seventeen.

I grabbed my bag and jacket and looked up, ready to kick a customers balls, only to see Jungkook with panic on his face as Jimin hung limply over his shoulders.

"Bee," He gasped, "Help me,"

I rushed forward, "What the fuck happened?! Another fight?!"

I reached out and touched Jimin's sweat covered face.

"He fuckin' OD'd," Jungkook griped, "I found him in the bathroom. He vanished half way through your set. Bee, what the fuck do we do?"

"Hospital," I fished in my bag for the keys to my shitty car, "Let's go,"

Jungkook staggered out behind me under the weight of a limp Jimin. I'd had enough of his shit. I couldn't take anymore of this. Once he was fixed up by the hospital - again - I was done.

Jungkook drove while I sat in the back with Jimin, holding his head to the side so he didn't choke on his own vomit.

I really couldn't do this anymore.

An hour after Jimin had been taken away by doctors, I was sat in the waiting room with Jungkook and a few other guys that I had never met before. My guys had gone the obvious route for kids that grew up like us and joined a gang. Their current boss - the leaders son - had dark, intense eyes that told me he had seen a lot of shit in his time. Not that I could say anything. I was a seventeen year old stripper and pole dancer.

Two of the others had their eyes wandering over me with smirks on their face and I remembered that I was still dressed in a teeny tiny leather skirt and thong and a black leather bra with my jacket on top.

"Keep staring if you want to lose your fucking eyes," I snapped at them, making them grin wider.

The boss-boy told them both to behave just as a doctor came in.

"Mr Park's next of kin?" His eyes roamed nervously over us and I jumped up, clomping over to him in my stripper heels with Jungkook beside me.

"Is he okay? Can I see him? I don't care, tell that guy the details, I'm going to see him," I pointed at the boss-boy and stomped past him until I found Jimin's room.

Jimin was awake and smiled when he saw me, "Hey, Sunshine,"

I felt my eyes fill with tears I was so angry. I stomped over to him and slapped him hard across his stupid handsome face. Jungkook immediately yanked me back, but I was fucking furious.

"I'm done, Park Jimin!" I yelled at him, "I'm not doing this shit anymore! The lying, the smoking the shooting and the snorting! I'm done! You want to fucking kill yourself, leave me the hell out of it!"

His eyes widened and tears sprung in his eyes, "No, please don't, I'm sorry, I'll do better, don't leave me-"

"I'm done," I whispered, "I can't watch you self destruct and overdose again. You keep saying you'll do better, but you never even try. Come find me when you're sober, Jimin,"

I stepped back as Jungkook watched me in shock, wiping my tears and rushing past his friends as Jimin screamed behind me.

After seeing my bright, intelligent brother succumb to drugs, I had to be selfish. I just couldn't do it anymore.