Host

Ima make book about her fine ass fr

M.M

•••••••••

Y/N

"Today is the day. You excited?" My manager, Alex, asked me.

"A little. Not too much. What's so big about hosting an award show anyway?" I question.

"It opens up doors for bigger opportunities. Not like you need it anyway. You're Y/N. Singer, rapper, songwriter, dancer, model, and actress. There's literally nothing you can't do. Now you just get to add host of the Teen Choice Awards to that list." He answered.

"Only good thing is that I have a fine ass co-host. I might really enjoy this hosting thing." I say.

"Oh yeah. That girl from Black-ish is hosting with you. Marsai Martin right?" He asked.

"Yeah. I haven't seen her yet. They've had us doing rehearsals separately for whatever reason. But I get to see her later so it's all good." I reply.

I've met her before. We've hung out on several occasions. Miles, her co-star on Black-ish, introduced me to her. We've been friends ever since.

"You better be on your best behavior. We don't need another Storm Reid incident." Alex said.

"Nothing even happened. I'm so tired of hearing about that and hearing her name." I mumble.

"I believe you but we both know how the media works. You're only 20. You still have your whole career ahead of you. I'm just trying to look out for you like I promised your mom that I would." He says.

"I know Alex." I say.

Unfortunately my mother passed away when I was 14. I've been in the spotlight since the age of five. I've known Alex my entire life. He's only 31. He was 25 when he made that promise. For the past six years he's never broken it. I don't think he ever will.

"It's time for you to start getting ready. I'll go get your stylist." Alex says.

"You know I'm crazy with the fashion. I don't need a stylist." I chuckle as he walked out.

____________

"Damn nigga it's been a minute. What's going on with ya?" I asked Bryson, a.k.a NLE Choppa.

We've been pretty close for a few years. He's one of my closest friends in the industry. We haven't seen each other in awhile. He's been on tour and I've been booked with these TV roles. I won't even talk about how busy I've been with my upcoming album.