Perfect Find (II)

Kelly Rowland

Kelly Rowland

________________________

Kelly

I sat in my office of my new job, hungover. Last night was a great until that incident. Although I will never get drunk again when I have to work the next day.

I rested my head on my desk damn near falling asleep. Before I could drift off, I heard Robyn yell my name and her heels click into my room.

"Kelly. I love what you've done with the place." She said looking around the office.

"Oh, thank you." I say trying to make myself look presentable.

"You're not sick. Are you sick?" Robyn asked a little concerned.

I'm not sick but I do probably look like shit. I hate hangovers. "No. I'm good."

"Thank God. You're not sick but you do look like it." She said.

I just stared at her blankly while she said something to her assistants. Her assistants are also her receptionists.

"Oh, there you are." Robyn said as a man walked into the room. "Kelly, I'd like to introduce you to our new videographer. Although he prefers to call it filmmaking. It's my son, Y/N."

It's the same guy that I randomly kissed from last night. This is so awkward. We started at each other for obvious reasons. Wait a minute did she just say her son?

"I'm sorry your what?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, look I don't want you to think that there's some company nepotism going on. He graduated with his master's degree from USC." Robyn looked at him proudly but started to talk to him as if he was a baby.

"I just happen to be really talented." Y/N said.

"I'm sure you are." I lightly smiled somewhat uncomfortable.

"Well, Y/N is going to help you create content for our magazine and website subscription relaunch. So I want you to think original. I want you to think fresh, sassy, exclusive, all right?" Robyn said.

"We got it, mom." Y/N spoke.

"No, no mom. Robyn. Robyn, at work." She replied.

"We got it, Robyn." He said awkwardly. 

"Alright, we'll you two got it." She said turning away on her heels.

"I'll welcome him. Take good care of him." I say before she left.

He sat in the chair on the other side of my desk. We looked at each other for a moment before he said something.

"You gotta admit. You gotta admit it's funny." Y/N chuckled.