Her Sister (II)

Beyoncé / Solange

Beyoncé / Solange

Y/N

I walked into the bedroom seeing Solange. A part of me can't believe that we're not working out. Being with someone for so long, you'd just never expect it to get this bad.

"I hope you didn't come in here to argue." Solange said.

"Nah." I replied. "I just want to talk. If that's okay with you."

She sat on the bed, motioning for me to sit next to her. I sighed. So much time has been invested into this relationship. I appreciate all the good moments. A lot of my best moments have her in them.

"I love you Solange and I know you know that. I know you love me too but this ain't right. We already not getting along and I would hate for this to continue and we end up hating each other. Neither one of us are happy in this relationship and that's something that we both deserve."

"All I'm saying is that you know it's time for us to go separate ways. You're rarely here anyway. And you don't even have to tell me but I know you found someone that's giving you everything you deserve. I'm pretty sure I found somebody for me. Point is I'm happy for you." I say, getting it off my chest.

She looked at me for a moment before looking down at her lap. "I guess it is time that we finally had this conversation. And you're right about everything you just said. We been knew it was time to break up. I would just like for us to do it on good terms."

"Because before anything happened, you were my best friend. Losing you as a lover is one thing because we both know it's toxic. But I can't lose you as my friend." Solange responded.

"Solange I will always be your best friend. It's just that this isn't healthy for us. There's no need for us to continue to be in something that isn't meant for us anymore." I reply.

"Yeah, I agree." She said. "So when you said you found somebody, are you talking about my sister?"

I choked a little, not expecting to hear her ask that. There's no way she knows. "Huh?"

"I'd be a fool if I didn't peep what's going on. Y'all have gotten a lot closer and she looks at you a certain way. I know I'm gone a lot but I do notice shit the times I'm here." Solange said.

I made eye contact with her and her eyes were calm. Like she's not upset about this or anything.

"So you're fine with that?" I ask.

"It's surprising and weird honestly. But I know my sister is a loving person and I know she can give you the type of love that you deserve." She answered.

I just nodded, not really having anything to say. I swear anybody else would've had the opposite reaction. I've always been grateful for how understanding she is. After a moment of nothing, I felt her slap the back of my head.

"Ow, the fuck was that for?" I question.

"Because I know you fucked her in my house. I ain't stupid. Thought the smell of weed would cover that shit up, huh?"  Solange said.

"Damn, this is my house too. You acting like I went low and did it in our bed." I say.

"You better not have." She responded, and I knew she was dead ass serious.

"I ain't that damn fucked up." I reply, still rubbing my head.

Solange hits like an MMA fighter, them hands ain't nothing to play with. I've been hit plenty of times over the years.

"We're good, right?" Solange asked.

"Always." I answer.

I took a deep breath, relieved that we're ending things on a good note. I really did fall in love with Solange but I always knew that we worked better as friends. I was just going after what my heart wanted at the time.

"I don't know why you still sitting here. You need to be talking to my sister." Solange said.

"And say what?" I asked, confused.

"I know we been together for some time but there's no way you don't have game anymore. Go ask her on a date." She said.

"Right but like are you sure you okay with this? I'm honestly confused right now." I say.

It's great that she's not flipping out but a part of me is feeling like it's a joke. I just want to be a hundred percent sure.

"Oh I'm fine. I'm not who you need to worry about. Just wait until Tina hears about this. Now stop stalling and go handle business." Solange replied.

My heart dropped hearing Tina's name. It's great that she actually does like me. But that lady is scary. I remember almost shitting myself when I met her. She's the toughest one in the Knowles family.

"Right." I mumbled, shaking away the fear of Tina.

I exited the room going down to the basement. I figured Beyoncé would be in here. We hang here a lot as of lately.

"So how'd it go?" Beyoncé asked, as I sat on the couch next to her.

"It was a surprising conversation. We still good though so that must count for something." I answered.

"Good. So she's like okay with us?" She wondered.

"Yeah. At least she's acting like it." I reply.

It got silent for a moment. I spent so many years with Solange. It's actually crazy to end it. I thought we'd never go separate ways. Sometimes shit just happens, I guess.

"Can I take you out on a date?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I would love that." Beyonce smiled, leaning over to kiss me.

A huge relief felt like it was lifted off my shoulders. I guess it's time to step into a new life.

______________________

UNTIL NEXT TIME