My Brothers GF (IV)

Halle Bailey

Halle Bailey

_______________

Halle

Today is the second to last day of this vacation. As much as I love this place, I'm kinda glad. Ever since that altercation the other day, Darryl, Y/N, and I haven't spoken to each other.

With those two that's nothing new, adding me to the situation, I'm pretty sure the rest of the family knows that something happened. I'm not worried about if they know or not.

Right now I'm about to talk to Darryl. Continuing to not talk to each won't fix any of our problems. We should be able to talk it out like the adults that we are.

I walked into the room, seeing him sit at the desk on his computer. It looked like he was in the middle of editing one his YouTube videos.

"Can we talk?" I ask, getting his attention.

He looked over his shoulder at me and turned the chair around to fully face me. "About what?"

Words became so hard to find in this moment. Although no matter how hard it is, this must be said. I don't like this feeling and I can't continue to live like this. I gotta be honest on how I feel. Like Chloe said I have to stay true to myself.

"Our relationship. Darryl, I, uh, I want to break up. I think we should. We're clearly not meant for each other. I know you have to know this." I say, scared to look him in the eyes.

"It's because of my sister, ain't it? I been seeing what's going on. You like her?" He asked.

He seemed so calm. To the point where it's kinda scary. Either he doesn't care or he's hiding his feelings. It's hard to tell right now.

"This isn't about her. I don't feel the way that I used to about you. I think you want to be free anyway. This is the better choice." I respond.

"I still want to know if you like her. Because I know she likes you. That's why we got into it." Darryl said.

When I asked her what she said to him, she didn't tell me. In fact she told me that it didn't matter. Guess I now know.

"Is that what she said?" I asked.

"She said that if I wasn't going to treat you right then she will. She meant that shit too." He replies.

I sighed about to admit the truth to him. "I do like her. Honestly, a few nights ago we had kissed. It didn't go past that but I thought I should still be honest with you about it."