Perfect Find

Based off of the Netflix movie The Perfect Find.

Kelly Rowland

Kelly Rowland

[MALE Y/N]
_______________________

Kelly

"Kelendria, it's been a year. You can't keep living like this. I think you should get back out there. Like go back to New York and get a job." My mom said as she leaned against the counter.

"Ma, you know how hard it is for a woman my age to get back into work when she's been out for so long." I respond.

"Yes, I do but you were really good at your work. To put it simply, I need you to get out of my house." She replied.

I shook my head no but she just kept on saying yes. I knew this day would come but I never prepared myself for it. Mainly because it's my mother.

"ONE DAY YOU WILL THANK ME FOR THIS." She yelled as I walked up the stairs.

Will I? It's been a year since I lost my job and went through that rugged yet extremely public break up. That relationship basically defined me as it was ten years long. I don't mind hiding out the way I have been. It's less embarrassing and I don't have to face reality.

Although I can see it from her perspective. I'm forty years old. I should be living my own life instead of hiding in fear. I'm a grown ass woman.

Maybe I will thank her for this.

_____________________

I finished unpacking my things in my new apartment, taking it all in. I must admit it felt good to be back in New York. Makes me realize how much I missed it.

I cleaned up making sure to look extra good. I was going to a meeting with Robyn. She's kinda my longtime frenemy but she owns Savage X Fenty and I need a job. Bills don't pay themselves.

I walked into the big and nicely painted building. I made my way to the receptionist desk where two young looking women gazed at me as if they were starstruck.

"You're Kelly Rowland." They said in disbelief.

I smiled at them. "I am and I have a ten o'clock with Robyn."

One of them starts typing away on the keyboard. The other going on about how she's a big fan. The fashion industry is a powerful business.

"I can get you a coffee in the meantime. Black right? I seen it in one of your interviews." Terry, one of the receptionist, asked.

"That'll be perfect." I said.

"You can take a seat. Robyn should be here shortly." She said.

"She can stand." I heard making me look up to the voice.

It was Robyn. I haven't seen her in awhile and I'm sure she isn't the biggest fan of me. But I pray this goes well.

____________________