Chapter 5

Brody turned to me. "The pain was worse than the scar looks."

I slowly looked at Brody. "How did your siblings not know about this?" I asked, trying to keep my eyes from looking at Brody's ripped torso.

"Owen was out with Amy. Kenya, Kenzie and Fiona were out with friends. It was just myself and my mom here." Brody said quietly. "My mom said that she told them I wasn't feeling well, so they would go to school then told them I got so bad that she took me to the ER and they were keeping me for a few days." Brody explained as he put his shirt back on.

I nodded as I looked down. "They still think that's what happened, but don't understand why you're pushing them away."

"Yeah." Brody said softly.

"You need to tell them the truth..." I met his blue eyes.

"I know." Brody said.

I nodded and turned slightly as I looked back at my picture. "I never asked, why do you have my picture..."

Brody walked over to the nightstand, looking at my photo. "Because... I wanted to see your face before I fell asleep and when I woke up." He said quietly. I tucked some hair behind my ear as I looked down. I could feel my face get red. Brody stepped closer to me and placed his finger under my chin lifting my head. My eyes stared into his blue eyes as he lowered his head to mine.

I felt my heart skip as his lips came close to mine. "Brody!" A woman called.

He lifted his head and sighed. "That's my mom..." He said walking out the door. I stood there with my heart racing. 'He was going to kiss me...' I thought.

"Hey Sky..." Brody stood in the doorway.

I turned slightly to look at him. "Yeah?"

"Want to go grab something to eat?" Brody asked. "I need to get back to campus for practice."

"No, I'm good. Thank you though." I said softly.

"Alright, well, I will take you home." Brody nodded.

"Thank you." I nodded.

Brody gave a small smile. "Anytime." He walked back toward his kitchen as I followed. We walked out to his car and I got in.

It was a quiet ride for a bit until I gave him the directions to my house. He parked against the curb in the front. "Thanks again for the ride." I said as I grabbed my bag.

"It's no problem." Brody said softly and kissed my cheek.

I blushed as I slowly looked at him. "See you tomorrow." I said softly.

Brody smiled a little. "Bright and early."

"Bright and early?" I repeated.

"Yeah, I will take you to school in the morning." Brody nodded.

"R-Really? What about Owen?" I asked.

"I'm sure he will ride with Amy." Brody said. I got out of the car and closed his door. I glanced back at him once I reached my door. I walked inside and leaned back on the door.