Chapter 27

“Who cares if he does or not. Then he can see how good Hiro is for you. Which is all his loss, by the way.” Riley reminded me.

“I know.” I nodded. School dragged on forever, but finally, when the last class was over, I rushed outside to meet Hiro.

“Where’s the fire, babe?” Hiro asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I just wanted to get out of there.” I smiled.

“What are you in the mood for?” Hiro asked as we got into his car.

“Sushi.” I said softly.

“Oh that sounds good.” Hiro nodded. “I know the best place.”

We got a little sushi place and sat down. We ordered our sushi and then waited. “So, when are you going to play a venue with your band?” Hiro asked.

“I don’t know yet.” I giggled. “We do cover songs anyway.”

“Well, how else do you think some bands get started? Some start off doing covers and then make their own songs.” Hiro said softly. “We have some originals, but we do a lot of covers.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“We do some Ace Of Spades, some AC/DC, some Black Sabbath to some new stuff from Bring Me The Horizon, Avenged Sevenfold, Falling In Reverse We do a mix of classic and new.” Hiro explained, then got a sip of his drink.

“Wow.” I nodded. “Are you going to do mostly covers tonight?” I asked.

Hiro gave a nod. “Yeah, we are still working on some of our original work.”

I smiled. “Damn, that’s amazing.”
“You can get to this point, too. It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication.” Hiro smiled.

I smiled. “Did you ever go to college?”

Hiro chuckled. “No, I didn’t even finish high school.”

“Really?” I raised my brows.

“Don’t you dare follow in my footsteps. I’m not proud of dipping from school.” Hiro said with a serious tone. “I was bored and didn’t learn anything that I haven’t already learned.”

“Did you at least get your GED?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Hiro nodded. “If you don’t want to go to collage it’s no biggie, but at least finish high school or get the GED.”

“I want to go to college for business and learning to produce. That way, I can produce myself.” I smiled.

Hiro smiled as he nodded. “There you go. That’s a goal. If you can open your own record company, you can produce yourself, but others too.”

“Want me to be your record producer?” I joked.

“Why not?” Hiro shrugged. “I think that would be cool.”

We finished eating and then made our way to the venue. I decided to leave my jacket in Hiro’s car. I followed Hiro inside, taking a look around. I saw the girls and the guys, but no Brody. I looked around at the setup some more.

“Hey Sky.” Kenzo smiled as he walked by.

“Hey.” I waved.

“Sky, you remember Ruka, my brother.” Hiro said.

“Yes.” I nodded and waved.

“Good to see you again, Sky.” Ruka gave a nod.

“Come on, let me introduce you to the rest of the band.” Hiro wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We walked onto the stage. “This is Akari, my lead guitarist, and this is Nori, my rythem guitarist.”

“Hi.” I waved with a small smile.

“Oh, so you’re Sky.” Akari smiled as he folded his arms. “Hiro talks nonstop about you.”

“Yeah, you’ve made quite the impression on him.” Nori smiled.

“A good impression, I hope.”

“Oh definitely, we haven’t seen Hiro this happy and animated in a long time.” Akari nodded.

Hiro smiled as he looked down. “Ok, let’s go.”

I giggled. “Wait, what position is Ruka and Kenzo?” I asked.

“Ruka is our drummer, and Kenzo plays bass.” Hiro met my eyes.

“Oh.” I gave a nod.

“Now, these ladies are sweet and will be in the VIP section, too.” Hiro said softly.

“You know them?” I asked.

“They are the girlfriends of the mates.” Hiro nodded. “This one here is Lyra, she’s Nori’s girlfriend. They have been together since high school. That’s Pheobe, she’s my brother’s girlfriend. Over here, we have Celeste and Elara. Celeste has been with Kenzo since high school as well. Elara and Akari have been together for roughly two years now.” Hiro explained.

“Wow.” I smirked. “You remember all that?”

“Of course, these dudes are like family to Ruka and I. I care about them and their happiness. We celebrate their happiness and success together.”

I smiled warmly. “That’s very sweet.”

“Hiro! Rehersal time.” Kenzo called.

Hiro gave a nod, then looked at me. “Enjoy the show, ok?”

I gave a nod. “I will.” I walked over to the VIP section while he went to rehearse.

The girls enjoyed being with their boyfriends, whereas I enjoyed watching Hiro on stage. He took his shirt off at one point in the night while he performed. The sweat ran down his face as he sang. I looked down at his torso for a moment. Needless to say, he was ripped.

I bit my bottom lip slightly for a moment. When his set was through, he was the last one to walk off the stage. "Damn, you were amazing." I said as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

His dark eyes met mine, and a smile spread across his face. "Are you talking about my music or my body?" Hiro winked.

I blushed a little as I looked down slightly for a moment. "Maybe both."

"Maybe?" He repeated softly in my ear. I slowly met his dark eyes. He smirked. "Let's go dance." He grabbed my hand and led the way to the dance floor. He twirled me around and made sure my back was to him. His bare chest pressed to my back as we danced together to the beat of the music.

His head popped over my shoulder, and I brought my hand up to the nap of his neck. Hiro placed his hands on my hips as we danced. I slowly leaned my head to the side and met his eyes. Hiro brought his head closer, his lips pressed to mine softly for a moment. When our eyes met, I slowly faced him as I stood on my toes, pressing my lips to his.