Chapter 14

"So... Maybe he gets it from him..." I said.

"What's the point of this conversation? That's not going to magically erase this shit he's done. It won't magically make us buddy, buddy..." Brody said sternly.

"I didn't say be buddy, buddy with him." I snapped. "At least you two could attempt to stop the fucking fighting for once." I folded my arms.

"Yeah... Not in his nature." Brody said.

"How would you know?" I asked. Brody met my eyes with a glare. "I'm just saying, you don't know him. Just like he doesn't know you."

Brody walked towards the hall. "I'm done with this conversation."

"Fine." I said softly and slowly sat on the couch. "Guess you're not going to school or the big game?"

"Nope..." He walked down the hall. I heard his door close. I shook my head as I huffed. 'Butthead.' I pulled out my phone and texted Riley back. 'I'm still sore. I can't move around for long before I get really tired.'

'Is Brody coming to school?'

'No.' I texted back. 'I don't know if he's going to the game.' I smirked. I knew Riley would freak then run to Jay.

'What!? He's our quarterback!' Riley texted back. I waited a few minutes before easing up off the couch then walking down the hall to the guest room.

"Shut up!" Brody shouted. "I will be at the damn game! Just chill the fuck out man!" I giggled and walked into the room. I slowly made my way to the bed to lay down. "Just had to tell Riley I may not be at the game huh?" Brody said from the doorway.

"You said you weren't going. I was only telling her what you said."

Brody rolled his eyes as he huffed. "Why do you have to be a pain in the ass?"

I slowly looked at him. "Excuse me?"

Brody stared at me for a long moment with no emotion on his face. He finally smirked. "I'm kidding. That was pretty good payback for me being a dick."

I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at him. "Out!" I laid down.

"Aw! I can't lay with you?" Brody said as he tossed the pillow on the floor in the corner.

"N-No..." I said as I watched him.

"That didn't sound very convincing." Brody said as he walked to the other side of the bed and laid down. "I don't think you meant it."

"I'm trying to rest, Brody..." I said.

"So rest." Brody said as he placed his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

I watched him for a moment then closed my eyes. I drifted off into a deep sleep. I don't know how long I was out for, but when I woke up, I felt an arm around me. I opened my eyes and slowly lifted my head from Brody's chest. I sat up and looked at him. He was asleep as well. I looked around for a moment then heard a phone. "Brody..."

"Hm..." He said as he continued to sleep.

"Your phone is going off."

"Answer it then..." Brody said faintly.

I looked down at his pants and at him. I huffed and reached my hand into his pocket. I pulled his phone out and looked at it. It was Bailey. I looked at the time and gasped. "Brody! Wake up!" I snapped.

Brody jumped and fell off the bed. I covered my mouth and fought so hard to not laugh. Brody slowly got up as he glared at me. "What is so fuckig urgent that you had to yell?"

"You're going to be late for practice and the game..." I showed him the phone.

Brody looked at the phone. "Shit!" He shot up and ran from the room. I laughed as I sat there. "Get your ass ready! You're going too!" Brody peeked his head in my room and pointed.

"Do I have to?" I asked.

"Sky, get moving." Brody huffed and went back to get ready. I stood up and looked at my jeans. I decided to at least put Brody's black shirt back on. I walked from the room towards the kitchen and slipped into my shoes.

Brody had on blue jeans and his jersey. His bag hung from his shoulder as he placed his jacket on my shoulders. Then he grabbed his keys.

He and I stepped outside. He closed the door behind him then helped me down the stairs to the car. I sat quietly as he placed his bag in the trunk then got in. It was a quiet ride to the campus. I slowly got out of the car and waited for Brody.

I felt nervous being here because of what Ayden said, but I tried not to let it show. I walked with Brody down to the field. I spotted Layla and went to walk towards her, but stopped. "Good luck." I said as I looked up at Brody.

Brody looked down at me and pressed his lips to mine quickly. "Thanks." He walked to the locker room and let me walk over to Layla.

"Hey." I said as I stood next to her.

"Sky!" Layla shouted and gave me a gentle hug. "How are you doing?"

"I'm still sore, but I'm doing ok." I said as the girls rushed to the fence.

"We're glad you're ok." Lila said.

"How is it at Brody's?" Riley winked.

"You've been staying with Brody?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, in the guest room." I nodded. "H-He kissed me...Twice."

"No way!" Riley grinned. "Did he use tongue?"

"Riley!" Amy smacked her arm.

"What! It's not like none of us had a French kiss before." Riley huffed. "Sooo?"

"No." I giggled.

"Don't worry, he will soon enough." Riley smiled. "But, you haven't shared a bed with him... At all?"

I blushed a little and looked down. "Oh my god! Sky!" Lila squealed. "His bed or the guest bed?"

"First night was his bed. Second night he slept in the guest room... I had nightmares, that's why I was in the same bed..."