Chapter 13

"Hey!" I snapped then winced.

Brody looked at the messages from Ayden. "Are you fucking kidding me? He knows you're here and you didn't bother to say anything?"

I snatched my phone even though it hurt. "I didn't tell you because of your temper..."

Brody clenched his jaw. "I wouldn't have done anything! You can't keep using MY temperament issues as an excuse!"

"I'm not! What would you do if I did tell you! You wouldn't let me out of your sight for even a second. I would have to drag myself around school just so YOU know I'm ok. I wouldn't be able to go to music class or even the fucking bathroom without you being right there!"

"I'm so sorry that I fucking care enough to protect you..." Brody shook his head.

"You can't protect me at all times, Brody! You have a life too!" I yelled.

"You won't even let me try!" Brody snapped. I flinched as I looked down. "File for a damn restraining order if you don't want someone to protect you..." He grabbed his keys and walked out the door, letting it slam behind him.

I folded my arms as I began to cry. I slowly made my way down the hall. I changed into my own clothes and left Brody's clothes on the bed neatly folded. I grabbed my stuff and put it into my bag. I slowly made my way down the hallway.

I got to the corner and jumped when I saw Brody sitting at the bar with his hands on his forehead. I quietly walked closer. "I thought you left..."

Brody looked at me then froze. His eyes stared at my body realizing I wasn't in his clothes anymore. They slowly moved to the bag that was in my hand before meeting my eyes. He stared into my eyes and I knew he could see I was crying. "What are you doing?" He finally asked.

"I was going to go home..." I looked down.

"You don't have to leave just because we had an argument." Brody said. "You said you were scared to go home because Ayden knows where you live."

"I am, but I can't stay here either..."

"Why? Because we had an argument?" Brody asked. "I'm telling you that you can stay here, Sky."

"Why do you want me to stay so badly?" I asked.

"Because I love you, Sky!" Brody snapped. I stared at him for a long moment. He got up and walked over to me, closing the gap between us. "Yeah, I said it. I love you." I tried to respond, but Brody cut me off. "Do you have any idea how special you are?"

"S-Special?" I repeated.

"You are the only person who has been able to stop me from losing control. Not my mother, not my sisters, not Alexis... You." Brody said. "I may get angry and sometimes I will say shit I didn't mean to, but I'm trying... I'm really trying because of you."

"Brody..." I said softly as I stared into his eyes. Brody wasted no time pressing his lips to mine. He carefully wrapped his arms around me as he began to tilt his head and deepen our kiss. I placed my hands on his chest softly. I felt his tongue touch my bottom lip before our lips parted. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket which Brody felt as well.

He broke our kiss and looked down. "Who is it?"

I slowly pulled out my phone and turned the screen on. "Just Riley."

"Brody! Could you come down here for a minute!" His mother called.

"Come on." Brody said as he helped me to the door and down the steps. Brody and I walked to his mom quietly. Brody's body immediately tensed up when we saw Richard sitting on the couch. I immediately moved closer to Brody when I saw Ayden next to him.

"What the hell are these two doing here?" Brody glared.

"Richard wants to tell you and Ayden something..." Pam said as she walked over to him.

"Brody, I know you and Ayden have been fighting... Over her..." Richard gestured to me. "I can see Ayden has hurt her and I'm sorry, I will get Ayden help."

"Why the hell would you do that?" Brody glared more.

"Because... He's my son... Your half brother."

"You're fucking joking?" Brody's eyes were wide. "That shithead is my half brother?"

"There is no way in hell pretty boy is related to me!" Ayden shot up, causing me to move behind Brody.

"It's true! I've been trying to tell your mom for weeks now... I never came here to cause her any harm." Richard said. "He has his mother's last name... But guys... You two have the same temperament... My temperament... I'm sorry... I wish I had gotten help a lot sooner... But I've been in therapy and even taking anger management classes."

"What's your fucking point!?" Brody snapped.

"I'm going to sign Ayden up to these classes as well. So he won't cause any more harm. Ayden, apologize to this young lady and your brother."

"Fuck no!" Ayden snapped.

Brody took a few steps forward. I grabbed his arm gently. "Let me make this clear to you. I don't give a fuck if you are related to me or not. I will kick your ass if you ever hurt Sky again. Don't come onto this property again... Get the fuck out of here now..." He said in a dark low tone.

Richard put his hand on Ayden's shoulder and pulled him back. "Let's go..." He said softly. "Again, I'm sorry Brody..." Richard led Ayden out the door.

I watched Ayden leave then looked up at Brody. "Brody..." I said softly.

Brody looked back at me for a moment then wrapped his arm around me. "It's going to be alright." He helped me back upstairs.

"Do you think Ayden was abused too?" I asked softly.

"I don't give a fuck..." Brody said as he closed the door.

"Brody... It could explain his behavior..." I huffed. "Did your dad do this to your mom?" I gestured to myself.

Brody looked at me for a long moment then looked down. "Yeah..."