Chapter 19

"It's fine... Um..."

"What exactly are you planning on doing next?"

"Well, when mom gets out, I need to be here... I'm going to have to come home."

"Well, until then, are you going to be with me?" Brody asked.

"Maybe for a few more days." I said softly.

"Only a few days?" Brody asked. "Bummer, I was hoping for a bit longer."

I giggled a little. "I just want to be here so that mom knows she's not alone."

"I know. I get it." Brody said softly. "I want to take you out, though. We need our first proper date."

"Oh. And where did you have in mind?"

"It's a surprise. Dress nice, though."

"Ok." I said, and we hung up. I walked to my room and looked at my clothes. I found a nice black tube top and a pair of flared light blue jeans. I kept my hair down and slipped into my boots. I put on some eye liner and then walked from the bathroom.

I heard a knock at the door as I walked down the hallway. I opened the door and smiled. "Hey."

"Hello, beautiful." Brody smiled as he grabbed my hand. I closed the door behind me and he walked me to the car and opened the door for me.

It was a quiet ride to the restaurant. I stepped out of the car and looked at the restaurant. I heard of this place and it was a fancy place you needed a reservation for. The food and drinks here are high quality, which means you pay a lot.

"Wait here, I'm going to check on the reservation." Brody smiled and kissed my hand. I gave a nod in response.

I turned slightly and took a look around when I noticed two guys walking down the sidewalk. They both wore blue jeans with black motorcycle boots. One guy has short black hair with the sides shaved, and the other has short hair that's been dyed blonde. The black haired guy wore a white T-shirt with a black leather jacket and the other had a black shirt and black jacket.

The guy with dark hair shoved his hands in his pockets as he got closer, and then his eyes shifted to mine. His eyes looked down at my outfit, then back to my eyes with a little smile. He winked at me and then looked forward as he continued on his way.

I glanced around and then watched him get on a Harley motorcycle. He looked my way one more time as he put on his helmet. He fired up his bike and then pulled off behind his friend. I slowly turned as Brody walked outside.

"You ok?" Brody asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Brody grabbed my hand and walked me inside. "Pick anything you want, ok?"

"Ok." I nodded as I sat down. Brody sat across from me and then opened the menu. I took a look and rubbed my arm nervously. The only thing I really saw appealing was a salad.

"See anything?" Brody asked.

"A salad." I said.