Chapter 21

He turned slightly and looked back at me. I walked over to him. "Your jacket." He took his jacket as his fingertips stroked my fingers. I tucked some hair behind my ear. "Thank you..."

"You don't have to thank me." Hiro put his jacket on, then turned to walk inside. I slowly made my way inside and went to the back. I watched Riley and the girls dance for a moment, then smiled as I joined them. We danced for a while, then I glanced around for Brody.

I walked inside, glancing around for him, then walked up the stairs. I peeked into two rooms and then heard a noise. I walked to the door and peeked in, seeing Brody kissing another girl and taking her shirt off.

"Brody!" I shouted as tears formed in my eyes.

Brody looked back at me. "Sky..."

"What the hell!?" I cried.

"Sky, wait..." Brody walked towards me.

"Stay the hell away from me!" I yelled and ran to the stairs.

"Sky!" Brody followed me. I got to the bottom of the stairs, and Brody caught my arm. "Sky please..."

"Let me go!" I yelled and smacked him.

"Hey, let her go, Brody." Bailey stepped between us as Riley rushed over to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"What happened?" Riley asked.

"He was kissing another girl and about to have sex with her." I cried.

"What the hell, man!?" Bailey rubbed his face. "Please tell me you're fucking drunk..."

"That's not an excuse." Ruka said.

"I have to agree." Hiro folded his arms.

"No one asked you." Brody huffed. "Sky, can we please talk?"

"No..." I cried. "I'm going home."

"Sky you can't walk..." Brody huffed.

"I can and I will.." I walked to the door and left. I walked down the sidewalk as I folded my arms. I got to the end block and continued on my way. I stopped by a nearby pond and sat down as I cried. I placed my hand on my chest as I began crying more.

I felt a jacket touch my shoulders causing me to look back. I met Hiro's dark eyes. "It's just me, baby."

I looked down slightly before looking down at my hands. "Why are you here?" My voice cracked.

Hiro sat next to me and rested his arms on top of his knees. "I thought you could use a friend." He said softly.

I cried as I placed my hand on my face. "I'm stupid..."

"You're not stupid, Sky." Hiro said softly.

"I am... I actually thought he felt the same way..." I shook my head. "I should have known... It was too good to be true. He's done nothing but give me hell for two years and all of a sudden he cared about me..." I cried. "It was a lie... It was all a lie."

"That doesn't make you stupid, Sky. He's a jackass and he definitely never deserved you." Hiro said softly. I shook my head as I cried. Hiro wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "You deserve so much better." I rested my head on his shoulder as I cried. "Come on." Hiro helped me up. "Let's get you home."

I followed him to his bike. He placed his helmet on my head and buckled it. "What about you?"

"Don't worry about me." Hiro got on the bike and started it.

I slowly got on the bike and wrapped my arms around his waist. He pulled away from the curb slowly. Riding on the bike felt nice and actually freeing. I navigated him to my house and when we arrived I got off the bike and took the helmet off. "Thank you for the ride, Hiro."

"Anytime." He took his helmet and placed it on the handle bar. I walked to the door and unlocked it. I slowly looked back at Hiro.

"Want to come in?" I asked.

"Sure." Hiro said. He followed me inside and glanced around.

I closed the door and took off his jacket. I walked over to the couch, sitting down with a sigh. "You can sit if you want."

Hiro sat next to me. "Where are the rents?"

"My father left when I was a kid and mom is in rehab." I said softly.

"So, you're here by yourself?" Hiro asked.

"Yeah..." I nodded.

"Well, then I will crash on the couch." Hiro said.

"W-What?" I looked at him.

"I will crash on the couch." Hiro repeated himself. "Unless you want to be alone."

"Not particularly..." I said softly. "No funny business." I warned him.

"I'm a musician not a comedian." He said sarcastically.

"I mean it, Hiro."

"What exactly do you think I'm going to do? Take advantage of you or something?"

"I don't know..." I said softly.

"Ok then." Hiro said as he kicked off his boots. I got up and placed his jacket on the arm of the chair then down the hall to get him a pillow and blanket. "Thank you." He took them and sat them on the couch.

"You're welcome." I said softly. I looked down at my phone and had so many missed calls from Brody.

Hiro looked at my screen then at me. "You don't have to talk to him tonight."

"I know..." I said softly. "I'm going to bed." I said and walked down the hall to my room. I changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy tank top then climbed into bed.

'Sky, please answer me. I need to explain...'

I turned off my phone and hugged my pillow. I silently cried myself to sleep. The next morning I woke up and got dressed. I put on jeans with a baggy black t-shirt and threw my hair up in a messy bun. I slipped into my boots and walked out of my room.

"Morning." Hiro said from the kitchen.

"Morning... I didn't expect you to be up early."

"Have to be. I have rehearsal soon." Hiro finished his coffee and rinsed out his cup then sat it on the dry rack. "I will drop you off at school."

"Ugh! I don't want to go."

Hiro grabbed my arm and pulled me up. "Moping around is not an option." He walked me to the bike.