Chapter 25

I pulled out my phone and called my dad. "Well, hello."

"Where is Ivy?" I asked.

"Hold on." My dad said. There were some shuffling noises.

"Hello?"

"Ivory, how the hell did you find out what Brody did?"

"Sasha was talking about it with her friends." Ivory explained. "Sky, that's not the worst part. She's just using Brody to make her boyfriend jealous."

"You've got to be kidding me…" I huffed as I heard a rumble from a car approaching.

"If you don't warn Brody, he's going to get hurt. Our quarterback wants to kick his ass." Ivory said.

"Fine… I will tell him." I huffed and hung up. I walked over to the car and leaned down. "Hey, Hiro."

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I have to talk to Brody about something…" I sat my bag in the car.

"Want back up?" Hiro asked.

"No, I will be ok." I assured him and walked over to Brody's car. I tapped on the window.

Brody looked up at me and then quickly got out. "Hi…"

"I know you've been talking to the girl from the party." I said.

"Sky…"

"Shut up and listen. Ivory knows what's going on because Sasha is going on and on with her friends about it. Ivory also knows that the Berkeley quarterback is her boyfriend… She's using you to make him jealous. If you don't stop, there will be no last game because it's going to end in a fight."

Brody looked down. "Can't say I blame him…"

"Well, at least you know." I said and walked towards Hiro's car.

"What's so special about him!?" Brody shouted. I turned slightly and looked back at him. "What does he have that I don't!?"

"Brains!" Hiro shouted.

"Hiro!" I snapped.

"What? It's the truth." Hiro said softly. I shook my head as I walked closer to his car.

Brody walked over to his car, which caused Hiro to step out. "Seriously, dude?"

"Yeah, when are you going to realize that you brought this upon yourself? You are to blame. Not her, you." Hiro said sternly. "Stop getting pissy because she spends time with friends instead of you."

"You don't want to be just friends with her!"

"Even if that was true, it's none of your business." Hiro said.

"I could have her back."

Hiro laughed. "Dude, you don't get it, do you? She's the one who decides what she wants. Not me and not you. If she doesn't want to hang out with you, she's not going to. I'm not forcing her to do anything. And I will leave her alone when she looks me in my eyes and says the words."