Chapter 18

"Do you need me to move?" I asked.

"No, you're fine." Brody said. "How do you honestly feel about me, Sky?"

I stared into his eyes for a long moment. "I-I've liked you since we were in middle school." I looked down, tucking some hair behind my ear. "When you became popular and started dating Alexis, and picking on me... I tried to go on as if I didn't know you... It was hard and it hurt a lot... I didn't want to do that... Then I got with Ayden... I still couldn't get you off my mind... Ayden knew it and I think it's my fault that he hates you even more now..."

Brody sat up right and wrapped his arms around me. "It's not your fault that he hates me. Just like it's not your fault that he can't control his temper. That's on him." Brody said softly. "I'm sorry I hurt you and put you through hell." He gently pushed my hair back. "I thought if I could make you hate me, then I would never lose control and possibly hurt you.. I'm talking about physically hurting you. I was so afraid I would if I snapped..." Brody explained.

I met his blue eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. "Just promise me, you won't do it again." I said softly.

"I'm never going to do that again." Brody hugged me back. "I'm never letting you go, Sky."

"I love you, Brody." I said softly.

Brody leaned back to meet my eyes. My face was red as I stared into his eyes. "S-Say that again..."

"I love you, Brody." I said again softly.

Brody's lips found mine as he kissed me passionately. "I love you too, Sky." He said before kissing me again. As we kissed, a phone started buzzing. Brody looked around for it. "It's yours."

I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hi, Skylar..." a man said. "It's dad..."

"H-Hi dad..." I said softly.

"Um, I know it's late, and I don't know where you are, but your mom is here at the hospital. She had alcohol poisoning... "They are pumping her stomach right now..."

"Oh my god... I will be there soon." I said and hung up.

"What's wrong?" Brody asked with concern.

"Mom is at the hospital..." I said and eased myself off of him to stand.

Brody put his shoes on and a shirt. He grabbed his jacket for me and himself. "Let's go." Brody said as he walked from the room. I slowly followed.

Brody grabbed his keys and walked over to me. He carefully swept me off my feet and carried me out to the car. Once we were in the car, he drove as quickly as he could to the hospital.

"Hey dad..." I walked over to him.

"Hey." He hugged me then looked at Brody. "You were with a boy?"

"Yes..." This is Brody." I said.

"Adam." He shook Brody's hand.
"Were you staying overnight with him?"

"Not exactly. She and I are under the same roof, but not alone together. My sisters and mom are helping her through a rough spot she's been in." Brody explained.