Chapter 6

I felt a firm hand grab my arm and jerk me back. "Let me make something clear to you." Ayden said as he pushed me back against the lockers and placed his hand firmly on my chin, forcing me to look at him. "If you don't get Henderson to stay away from you, he's going to get hurt. Do you want that?" I remained silent as I glared at him. "Tell him to stay clear of you, or your precious quarterback won't be playing the big game coming up."

Ayden smirked as he walked away. I stood there watching him walk down the hallway before looking down. I folded my arms and slowly made my way to class. I took a seat quietly and kept my eyes on my desk. "Sky, are you alright?" Jay asked.

I slowly looked at him. "Yeah, I'm good."

"You sure?" Bailey asked. I gave a nod and looked at my desk. I closed my eyes for a moment as I let a slow, deep breath out. When I opened my eyes I saw a piece of paper on my desk. I looked at it, and it was Brody's number.

I put his number in my phone and then texted him. 'Why did you give me your number?'

I laid my phone in my lap as I waited for his response. When my phone vibrated, I looked at it. 'So, we wouldn't get caught passing notes.' Brody texted. 'What's wrong? And don't lie to me. I know something is bugging you, I can see it on your face.' He also texted.

I sighed and stared at my phone for a while. Do I tell him what Ayden told me? 'You need to stay away from me Brody... Please...' I texted.

'And let Ayden get away with hurting you? Hell no, and that's exactly what he wants. If I'm not around, then he can continue to hurt you.' Brody texted.

'You two fighting isn't going to fix anything either. He's already hurt me twice because you wouldn't stay away from me.' I texted back. I heard Brody huff, and when I looked over at him, he had switched spots with Bailey.

"I'm not staying away from you, Sky. You can forget that option." He said sternly. I shook my head as I looked away from him. "Why would you want him to continuously hurt you like that?"

"I don't..." I huffed.

"Then why ask me to stay away?" Brody asked me. I bit my bottom lip as I kept my eyes forward and remained silent. "Sky?" Brody said my name. "Answer me..." He said sternly.

"Because he's going to make sure you don't play the damn game, Brody!" I snapped. "I don't know what he's planning exactly, but it's going to be enough for you to miss the fucking game!" I shot up and walked from the classroom.

"Sky!" Brody followed me.

"Just stop! Please!" I fully faced him. Brody's blue eyes stared into mine. "For once, just listen to what the hell I'm saying..." I felt the tears building up. "Stay away..." My voice cracked.

"I'm not staying away. I'm not going to do that..." Brody said sternly. "I'm not going to give into what the fuck Ayden wants." Brody closed the gap between us. "He's not going to lay one more hand on you..."

"You really think so?" Ayden walked over to us. "Why can't you listen to her pretty boy? She doesn't want you."

"No, she doesn't want you and she's only trying to push me away because she's afraid of what you will possibly do to me. She actually cares about me... That's the only reason she's doing this."

Ayden looked at me. "Is that true Sky?"

I stared at Brody for a long moment then looked at Ayden. "I told you, I will never be in a relationship with you again."

Ayden nodded as he clenched his jaw. "So you want to be with pretty boy?" I remainded silent and felt my heart beat begin to race. "Say it!" He placed his hand on the back of my neck and shoved me towards Brody. "Tell him! Tell that bastard you want him!" I gasped and closed my eyes for a moment before I slowly met Brody's eyes. "Well?" Ayden said.

I slowly shifted my eyes towards Ayden with a glare. I spat in Ayden's face then elbowed his stomach. I darted behind Brody.
"So, I'm not going to be able to play in the game huh?" Brody asked. "What exactly do you think you're going to do to me?"

Ayden charged at Brody and slammed his back into the lockers. He began punching Brody's side. Brody elbowed Ayden's back and kicked him away from him. When Ayden came back to Brody, Brody gave him a right hook to the face. Ayden stumbled away from Brody for a moment then glared at him. He charged at Brody, but was caught by a teacher. "Both of you to the principles office."

Brody rolled his shoulders back and walked down the hallway as he shoved his hands into his pockets. Ayden was escorted by the teacher and I was left in the hallway. I slowly walked into the girls room. I walked over to the sink and leaned on it. I shook my head as I sighed.

I felt my phone vibrate as I continued to lean on the sink. I slowly pulled my phone from my pocket. 'Where are you at?' Brody texted.

'Girls bathroom...' I texted back. I huffed as I ran my hand through my hair. I put my phone in my pocket and slowly walked to the door. I stepped out into the hallway just as Brody walked over to me.

Brody gently grabbed my arm leading me down the hall a bit and we walked into the gym. "We are going to finish this conversation..."

"Brody, I'm serious... If you would stay away, Ayden wouldn't hurt me."

"Sky! He doesn't want any guy near you! He will do it to everyone!" Brody raised his voice. "I'm not just going to step away."

"Why!? And don't tell me it's because you care!" I snapped.

Brody shook his head. "If you can't see why, then that's your problem... I'm not going to stay away from you." Brody stormed out of the gym.

I glared as I stormed out of the gym. I saw Brody with Bailey and Jay. I stormed over to him and pushed him into the lockers. "Get this through your blonde head. I said stay away and I damn well mean it." I hissed.