Chapter 11

"She's got a nail appointment. Is it cool if I ride with you?" Owen asked.

"Nope." Brody said sarcastically. "Of course it is. How else would you get home? But, you're riding in the back. Sky gets the front seat."

"I knew that." Owen shook his head.

"Owen has longer legs than me, shouldn't he sit up front?" I asked.

"No, you're still healing. I'm not going to make you crawl into the back seat." Owen said as he got in the back and sat in the middle.

Brody pushed the seat back then helped me in. I buckled up as Brody got in and started the car. I leaned my head back against the seat and relaxed. "You ok?" Brody asked.

"Yeah, just tired." I said softly.

"Are we taking her home?" Owen asked.

"Am I taking you home, Sky?"

I slowly looked at Brody for a moment. I felt my body get tense as I thought about going home. "I-I..." I said then winced in pain. "Not yet..." I said through the pain. "Not yet..." I hugged myself.

Brody placed his hand on my knee. "Sky, it's ok. We should at least check on your mom and get you some clothes."

"O-Ok..." I said softly. It was a quiet ride to my house. Brody helped me out of the car. I slowly made my way to the door with him and Owen behind me. I quietly opened the door, peeking my head in. "Stay quiet.. My mom is asleep..." I said quietly and slowly walked in.

Owen and Brody gave a nod and quietly followed me inside. I walked in the living room with a frown. I let out a quiet huff and picked up all the bottles. I walked into the kitchen, placing the bottles in the trash. I slowly walked to my room to pack a small overnight bag.

When I stepped closer to the door I could hear Owen talking. "Brody... How long do you think Sky is going to stay? I mean she's horrified to even be here..."

"I don't know, Owen..." Brody said softly.

"I can't imagine the fear she's going through... But why haven't you taken her to the police station? She could file a restraining order."

"She doesn't want to, Owen." Brody hissed. "Do you think that will stop this psycho from coming after her? She believes it won't. I'm not going to force her to do anything."

Owen huffed. "I just hate that this fucker gets to walk free while she's horrified to even come home... It's not fair."

"Believe me, I know." Brody huffed. "She won't let me take care of it though."

"What would you have done?" Owen asked.

"He would be an inch from death." Brody said.

"Would you make him feel the same pain as Sky's feeling?" Owen asked.

"Yes, but much worse." Brody said. "I haven't because of her."

I looked down slightly. I slowly and quietly walked from my room. "I'm ready..." I said softly.

Brody and Owen both looked at me. Brody walked over to me. "You look exhausted..."

"I'm ok..." I said softly.

Brody gently grabbed my bag and handed it to Owen. He gently swept me off my feet and carried me towards the door. Owen quietly opened the door and closed it behind us after locking it.

Owen jogged to the car and opened the door as Brody approached the car. He sat me in the seat then closed the door. Owen climbed into the back before Brody got in the car and slid to the middle. Brody got in, closing the door and started the car.

I looked out the window, thinking about the conversation I heard between Brody and Owen. They both have showed a lot of restraint when it comes to this situation with Ayden, but how much more or longer can they restrain themselves?

Owen I'm sure could go years without doing anything, Brody on the other hand... His temper won't let him and there is only so much he can take before he lashes out. From what I have seen, he doesn't have much tolerance when it comes to anything happening to me. Brody has already gotten into multiple fights with Ayden, but was he holding back? Was he really trying to do too much damage?

I closed my eyes for a long moment. I only hope that I'm not becoming a burden for Brody. The last thing I want is to complicate things. Once we arrived at the house and Brody helped me inside, I slowly made my way to the guest room.

"Sky..."

"I'm just going to lay down..." I said softly as I continued on my way to the room.

"I will be downstairs if you need anything." Owen said softly. I got to the bed when I heard the door close. Then I heard Brody's footsteps. I slowly sat on the bed then laid down on my side.

Brody came to the doorway. "Are you ok?" He asked with worry.

"I'm ok, really Brody."

Brody stared at me for a long moment before walking over to the bed and kneeling down. "Why are you lying to me?"

"I-I'm not..."

"You're on the verge of crying... I can see it in your eyes. Are you in pain?"

"I'm in pain, but it's tolerable." I said and slowly sat up.

"Then what's got you so upset?" Brody asked, keeping his eyes on me.

"Am I a burden?" I asked softly.

"What? No, you're not a burden to anyone, Sky. Why the hell would you even think that?" Brody asked.

"I-I don't know... I..." I looked away from him.

"Sky, you're not a burden to me or anyone else. I would do this all over again if I had to. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you." Brody said.

"Why?" I asked softly.

"Because I..." Brody began to say then paused. "I care about you a lot."

"What about practice and the game? You have to be focused and not worried about me." I sighed.

"Don't worry about the stupid game. That's not important." Brody huffed.