Chapter 10

"Sky, look at me." Brody said softly. I slowly met his eyes. "What's going on?"

"I'm scared..." I looked down as I felt the tears build up. "He knows where I live... I don't want to be there..." I began crying. "I don't want to get hurt again..."

"Sky... Sky..." Brody wrapped his arms around me gently. "It's ok... You're not going to get hurt again." He softly placed his hand on the back of my head. "Sh, it's ok."

I cried for a few minutes. I took a deep breath as I slowly sat up right and met Brody's blue eyes. Brody gently wiped my eyes before placing his hand on my cheek. His head came closer to mine slowly.

I knew my face was hot as I stared into his blue eyes before looking down. I tucked some of my hair behind my ear, opening my mouth to say something when we heard a crash coming from downstairs. "W-What was that?" I asked with fear.

"Stay here." Brody shot up and ran to the door. He darted out and down the steps. I eased myself up and slowly walked to the door. I stared down the steps, trying to hear for Brody.

"Brody! Don't!" A woman yelled desperately.

I slowly and carefully made my way down the stairs. I peeked my head out the door and saw Brody fighting with a man. 'This must be his father.' I watched as Brody slammed the man back first on the floor. He sat on top of him and began punching him multiple times.

I winced as I made my way over to him. I softly placed my hand on his shoulder. "Brody... Stop."

Brody looked up at me quickly. "Sky... I told you to stay up there..."

"Stop..." I said softly. His mother came to my side and gently pulled me out of the way.

Brody got to his feet, grabbing my arms softly. "Get back upstairs... Please..." He said with concern.

"Hey..." The man put his hand on Brody's shoulder. Brody instinctively grabbed his arm, spun and punched the man hard in the face.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him from behind. His body was tense as he froze. "Brody, please... Don't..." I said softly. Brody glanced over his shoulder for a moment at me then looked back at the man.

The man slowly got up. "Get out of here Richard! Now!" His mother yelled as she rushed over to Brody. "Are you hurt?"

The man slowly walked out of the house and Brody grabbed his mom's hands. "I'm ok mom." He said softly. His mother nodded and looked down. I moved my arms and made my way back towards the door. "Sky..."

I looked back at him. "I will give you and your mom some time to talk." I smiled warmly. I eased myself up the stairs and walked over to his couch.

I sat down and winced as I grabbed my side. I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat down. I felt like I just ran for miles. I curled up on the couch as I waited. I was dozing off when I heard a buzzing noise.

I heard the door close and footsteps coming to the living room. "Sk..." Brody said then paused.

"I'm awake..." I said softly. "A phone is buzzing over there..." I slowly pointed.