Chapter 4

Donatella:

"Beautiful, Donatella." My ballet Instructor praises as I finish my variation.

"Thank you." I smile in reply, righting myself and going to take the water that she hands to me.

"Do you even need me anymore?" She jokes.

" Of course I do. As both my teacher and my aunt."

"Okay, you need to stop. If you keep being perfect, your next birthday present is going to have me bankrupt."

"You wouldn't feel fulfilled by making your niece happy?"

"You get whatever you want, whenever you want." She waves off. "I'll feel fulfilled when you're a prima."

I laugh and sit to undo my pointes.

"So..."

"I'm not going on a date with your friend's son."

"But you would look so cute together."

"I don't know him."

"Not true. You've met him."

"Meeting him isn't knowing him. Besides, I don't have time for things like that."

"He's in school, too. And does lacrosse after school."

"I also have a project to do that's going to take up a lot of time, now."

"I didn't know about a project."

"We got assigned it today. Speaking of." I check the time on my phone and gather my things. "Im actually supposed to meet my partner in about an hour, so." I head to the door and blow her a kiss on the way. "Tạm biệt." (Bye)

"Hẹn gặp lại." She waves. (See you later)

I hurry to the car waiting for me and slide into the backseat, allowing anh Hoàng to close the door before returning to the drivers seat.

"Are we going home, con mèo?"

"Yes. And then I have to go to The Jade Palace for a project."

"Okay. Seatbelt on?"

"Đúng." (Yes)

By the time I get home, I only have forty minutes. So, I have a shower straight away and change into a comfortable outfit. Then, I ready a bag with the materials I think we'll need today and make my way back downstairs.

"Con mèo." My mom's voice stops me before I leave the house.

"Hm?"

"Where are you rushing to?"

"I have to meet my partner for a project we got assigned today."

"Oh. Okay. What time will you be back?"

"We've set a time of six to eight to just after that."

"Alright. Is there anything you want to eat when you get back? I think I'll cook today."

"Whatever you want is fine. If I think of anything, I'll text you."

"Okay. Anh Yêu Em." (I love you)

"You too." I kiss her cheek and walk to the car.

" I kiss her cheek and walk to the car