Chapter 8

Donatella:

I cannot believe this.

I simply cannot.

I clearly didn't want to go and he just kept on talking.

It was so frustrating.

And now, I have to go to a stupid party when I should be at home, in my room, pampering myself.

I take a deep breath and flip down onto my bed.

I feel slightly irritable, right now.

It's currently half past six and I'm already drained from the week of school.

I saw him in the hallway today but thankfully, I don't think that he saw me.

Not that I don't want to be around him. I'm still on board with the whole new friendship thing. But I was thinking that maybe if he didn't see me, he would forget all about the party. Well, picking me up for it.

Wait, if I'm not ready when he gets here, he'll have no choice but to leave without me, right?

Oh, but then he'll have come all the way for nothing.

That wouldn't be fair at all. Especially since I kind of already agreed to go.

Ugh!

Just then, a knock comes on my door.

"Come in." I sit up.

A maid, Cora, comes in and bows her head.

"There is someone at the door for you, tình nhân trẻ. (Young mistress)

"Who?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. A young man."

Oh no.

I gasp and rush out of my room.

When I make it downstairs, I see him straight away. He's already in my house?!

For a moment, I'm afraid he'll recognise it but then, I'm reminded that it looks completely different to how he saw it last.

In the time that we were away, the house was remodelled almost entirely.

And then, something else occurs to me.

"How do you know where I live?"

He looks up from his phone and pockets it as he smiles at me.

"Nice to see you, too, sweetheart."

When I don't say anything, he sighs.

"I told you before. I have my ways."

"Well," I narrow my eyes. "Your says are creepy."

He chuckles and gestures to the stairs.

"So, are you going to show me to your room?"

"What?" I my eyes widen.

"Are you going to show me to your room." He repeats, a twinkle in his black eyes.

"Why would I do that?"

He just starts walking up the stairs like it's his own house and looks around. "So that I can ensure that you actually get ready and don't waste this excellent opportunity."