Chapter 34

Donatella:

I feel nothing.

And then I feel everything.

I feel everything all at once and it's so thrilling and so magnificent and so magical.

The kiss is full of passion and desperation.

His mouth leaves mine but only a few millimetres so that his tongue can lick the seam of my lips.

I gasp and he swallows it, slipping his tongue into my mouth and causing my head to turn fuzzy.

His hands cup my face while mine still clutch onto the sleeves of his sweater. My grip turns iron and I swear, i think I'm capable of exploding.

He trails his hands up, burying them in my hair and pulling me closer.

The only problem, is the seatbelt. It fights against me and prohibits me from moving any nearer to him.

He growls against my mouth, then leans his forehead onto mine.

"Fuck."

We're both breathing hard and the echo of my heartbeat rings in my ears.

Oh. My. God.

That just happened.

It's still happening. Kind of.

I open my eyes, finding him already looking at me.

The sound of banging suddenly interrupts our moment and we both turn our heads to see Cora clapping two pots together.

My cheeks heat and I flick my wide eyes back to Darius.

He blinks, then clicks my seatbelt loose. "Let's go before she brings out the rest of them." He opens his door and makes a move to get out but I quickly grab onto his arm with my hands.

"Wait."

He looks back, shuts the door and gives me his attention.

Shoot. Now, I don't remember what I was going to say.

Damn those stupid eyes.

Oh, right.

"Um." I unconsciously play with the material of his sweatshirt. "I just... I want to get everything clear."

He tilts his head to the side, waiting for me to finish.

"So... I mean... What does this mean? Like, does this... ? are we...? What...?"

Ugh, what is wrong with me?

Why can't I just speak!

"You're asking if we're a couple, now? If I'm your boyfriend? If you're my girlfriend?"

I am so incredibly grateful that the dimness of the night prevents him from seeing me blush so fiercely, right now.

I can't seem to form a response so I just give a helpless nod.

He leans in closer, his mouth ghosting the edge of my cheek.

"The answer is yes. To all three."

I suck in a breath.

"Know what that means?" He asks in a low voice. "It means no one else gets to have you the way I do. Nobody touches you. If I ever find out they do, I'll break their fucking skull."

His words are harsh. Violent. But the way he delivers them, it's like a caress. Like a soft whisper.

He's definitely crazy.