Chapter 33

Donatella:

Darius reaches to open the door and I hurriedly press the button to frost over the window, moving away from the glass and mimicking a casual sitting position before he does opens it and walks in like it was he who I was meant to meet all along.

Why does that seem like such an appealing idea?

"Darius." I say. My tone laced with shock because well, I am.

"Darling." He greets, shutting the door and taking the seat opposite of mine.

"Wh- what are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd crash your date." He shrugs, a grin gracing his lips.

"What? Why?"

"Why not?" He responds. "I didn't have anything better to do. And I thought I should probably meet the person who stoke you away from spending time with me."

"I- I wasn't stolen away."

"Oh, yes you were. And I don't appreciate people taking what's mine."

"What's... yours?"

He nods once.

"I-" I'm not quite sure what to say. I'm not quite sure what to make of this whole situation. "Well, Josh isn't here. He just called. He couldn't make it."

"No?" He raises a brow, leaning over to pick up the crystal jug and beginning to refill the glass.

"No."

"Shame. Why not?"

"He got into a little bit of an accident..." My words trail off as something registers in my head and my eyes go wide, really hoping this isn't what I think it is. "Darius?"

"Yes, little ballerina?"

"When you said crash my date...?"

"Hm?"

"Did you literally crash my date?"

"That depends on what you're referring to." He takes a sip from the rim.

"Darius."

The smile on his face doesn't waver. Not for a second. "Tella."

"You can't do that?" I whisper yell, placing both of my hands flag on the table.

"Do what?" He swirled the water around.

"That's... that's... Darius."

He laughs, leaning back and tilting his head to the side.

"This isn't funny. That's dangerous and illegal and... and..."

"And...?"

"And crazy." I finish with a quiet exclamation.

"You'll find," His eyes gage mine. "That I am quite that. Especially in a situation like this."

"What situation?"

"As I said, I'm not particularly fond of people taking what's mine."

"You- you mean me?"

"I don't see anyone else in this room."

"But, I don't understand."

"The part about why I drove my motorcycle into Joshua Tang's car or the part about you being mine?"

"Both?" I try and make sense of it in my head but nothing comes up. There's just a giant pool of muddled thoughts.

"Well, we've already established that you're mine. Pretty self explanatory if you ask me. And as for your former date, I couldn't just let him come here and completely contradict my first point."