Chapter 43

Darius:

Last night, I dropped Tella off at her house, insisted on walking her up to her room, gave her a kiss goodnight and then returned home only when she shut her door and gave me one of her adorable little waves.

I wasn't done with her beautiful soul with the click of her hinges, though. No. She occupied my mind the entire drive home. When I brushed my teeth, when I drew back my covers. And then, like clockwork, she appeared in my dreams. Doe eyed and magnificent.

I can't get enough of this girl.

She's a fucking drug that I can't and won't ever quit.

My own personal form of heroine.

I'm still thinking of her as I make my way down to breakfast. Her tinkering laugh faded in the back of my head.

When I reach the doors to the informal dining room, I find both of my parents sat, immersed in a quiet conversation.

My mother is the first to spot me and she smiles as I approach.

"Good morning, my love."

"Morning." I reply, bending to kiss her head before taking my own seat beside her.

"How did you sleep?" She asks.

"Good." I wait until a maid has finished filling my glass with orange juice before lifting it to my lips.

"Good." She beams, unusually peppy.

"Dare." Dad clears his throat. "Your mother and I wanted to have a word with you about-"

"Shut up, Miles." Mom hushes him. "Let him eat."

I do exactly that, digging into a plate of French toast and eggs.

Once done, however, I notice that they're both watching me intently.

I take a mug of coffee and sip from the rim, placing it onto the table and crossing my arms.

"Out with it."

"Can you bring her over, today?" Mama rushes. Hope and excitement shining in her eyes.

"That's it?" I raise a brow. "You had me thinking it was something bad."

"How?" Dad questions.

"That look on your face." I just my chin towards him.

"What look?"

"You know what look. Are you thinking you won't like her or something?" I tilt my head. I don't tense or straighten. I have full faith that anyone on this planet would love her within seconds of meeting her. But I do feel a few protective strings pull.

"No, no. That's not it." Mom shakes her head, shooting him a warning glare. "He just has something frustrating to deal with work-wise today. I'm certain we'll adore her just as much as you seem to."

I glance between them.

Something else is clearly going on and I'm not too sure if I believe it's got to do with work but I decide to not hang onto it too much.

"I'll ask her."

"Wonderful." She smiles. "We can have dinner. Tell me what she prefers and we'll suit it to her accordingly."

I nod and then stand, leaving the room and heading back up to my own.

I've never brought a girl home before. Not like this. I've never introduced a girl to my parents and I fucking hate to admit it but, I think I'm fucking nervous.

I don't even have a single fucking clue, why? I'm not worried about them liking her. I'm not worried about her liking them. I don't regret agreeing to the situation. In fact, I think it's about fucking time.

So what the fuck is wrong with me?

If she says yes, which I have a pretty strong feeling she will, the little people pleaser she is, Donatella will meet my parents tonight.

And that kind of scares the shit out of me.