Chapter 28

Darius:

I keep thinking about it.

Her spontaneous hugs. Her small gestures. The way her eyes reel me in whenever she gives me that look.

It's like she can see into me. Like she thinks I can see into her.

Whenever she's close I don't want to push her away. Sex no longer holds priority in my mind when it comes to her. Now, every time I see her, all I want is to find the pink in her appearance and hear her laugh.

Hear her fucking laugh.

I almost laugh at myself when I think about it.

Since when had I ever cared about anyone's laugh? About their smile or the overt existence of their happiness?

Fucking never.

But with Donatella... I do.

I want her to be well and happy and smiling that beautiful smile that seems to never go a day without appearing at least five times.

I want her to be safe and protected and if I have to delete every person on this fucking planet who challenges that, I would happily do so.

Just like I did with Anderson yesterday, for the second time.

I didn't kill him. No matter how much I fucking wanted to.

A few more broken limbs. A few more cuts and bruises here and there.

Another engraving on his lower back.

Sex offender.

It's short but it gets the message across.

I thought about placing it somewhere more visible but the idea of others not knowing and him being consciously aware that it's there brings a sort of satisfaction to my mind.

It'll eat away at him. The constant burning sensation whenever he remembers it.

Live with your sins, morherfucker.

But something that truly surprises me is how she reacted to me telling her what I did to him. I didn't inform her about the whole pussy brand but I thought she'd at the very least move away from me when she learned that I broke his arms.

But no.

She fucking hugged me.

Wrapped her arms around me and only focused on the fact that I kept my fucking pinky promise to her.

A pinky promise.

If any other girl made me do that I'd probably roll my eyes and shrug them off but with her it' was just fucking adorable.

Speak of the angel.

I lean back in my chair at The Jade Palace, watching as she approaches the table for the first project meet-up we're having in a while.

She's wearing white sweatpants, small, white heeled boots and a white cropped hoodie with... is that a pink bunny on the front?

Jesus Christ, she's something else.

My gaze trails down to her exposed midriff and I imagine my hands encircling her waist. Tiny as it is, they may even fit all the way around.

Perhaps I should test that theory.

Quickly rising, i round the table and pull out her chair.

She pauses when she reaches it, giving me a grateful smile.