Chapter 63

Darius:

Parking right outside of the house, I kill the engine, check on Tella and adjust the seat to make her more comfortable. Then, I open the glovebox and reach in to get into a small secret compartment that I had put in there, to retrieve my mask and some other things. Just in case. Hiding them inside my jacket, I then get out and see Lee walking towards me.

"Where?" I ask.

"They moved outside to smoke. Two of them. Heath and Trevor."

I toss him the keys and gesture with my head for him to go to the car. "Get in and make sure she-"

"Darius?" The small, tired voice stops me and I whip around to see that Tella has woken up and is currently rubbing her eye with one hand while the other lifts herself into a sitting position.

"Hey." I lean back into the car and smooth a thumb over her cheek. "You okay, malyshka?"

"Mhm." She lowers her hand and takes in the surroundings. "Didn't we leave the party?"

"We did, baby." I cup her face. "But I had to come back and deal with something real quick."

"Deal with what?"

"Nothing for you to worry about. It's not a big deal. I won't be long, okay? Just stay here and Lee will stay with you. You can go back to sleep and once I'm back I'll take you home."

She wears that cute little tiredly confused expression but nods nonetheless. "Okay. You won't be long?"

Shit. If there's two of them, it may take longer. But then again, if they've been inhaling weed or some shit, they probably won't be in the right mind to fight back.

And I know this is a fighting situation because Lee called me back here. He wouldn't have if it weren't.

I sigh. "An hour tops."

"An hour?" She seems to be slightly more awake. And slightly more unhappy.

Another thing I've learned: a tired Donatella who isn't comfortable, is not a happy Donatella.

"I know." I peck her lips. "But that's the most it'll be. I'll be as quick as I can."

She looks at me pleadingly and I exhale, leaning my forehead in hers.

I probably should have taken her home.

But I didn't want to risk them leaving before I got back here.

"Ты обещаешь?" (You promise?)

"Я обещаю." I promise) I tell her and she reluctantly nods.

I kiss the tip of her nose and then her forehead. "I'll be right back."

Turning around, I nod to Lee and he goes to get into the car while I move towards the side of the house to get to the back.

I scan the area and low and behold, there they are.

Fucking Trevor. I never liked that guy. Honestly, I don't think anyone really does. And Heath? Well, he's probably the only person who does.

I bet they and Riley got along swimmingly.

Moving closer, though still sticking to the shadows, I get within hearing distance.

"So, tell me what you were thinking again?" Heath asks him.

"Fuck, man. I'd do just about anything to tap that." He laughs. "I mean, she has to have some magic fucking cunt to have Darius keeping her around."