#13

Dunk Pov

"Help me..."

In the middle of the night I woke up after hearing Joong's voice, at first I thought maybe he  had a nightmare, but then  I  feel the fear from his voice, I quickly got up and walked to the sofa where he was sleeping...

"Joong"

"Scared....", he said softly

"Joong", I started trying to wake him up.

"No...."

He suddenly woke up and pulled me into his arms...

"shhh....shhh...don't be afraid...don't be afraid," I tried my best to calm him  down.

--

"Have a drink", I said as I handed him a glass of water.

Currently he was sitting while leaning against the headboard, I brought him over to my bed while I myself planned to sleep on the sofa...

"Go to sleep", I said

"Can you..."

"Hmm?"

"Sleep with me"

I know what he meant...but the way he said it...a little....

"Is it okay?", I asked.

"Why should it matter?"

"We... .... I mean...is it okay that I'm just an acquaintance?"

Grabb!!!

Shuut

He pulled me to lie beside him without hearing more of my babbling...

After that we were silent to each other before finally....

"I've .... been locked in a dark room", he said suddenly

"Huh?"

"When I was in elementary school... I never played with my friends..."

I was surprised to hear what he said....

"One day, they suddenly invited me to play you know....I was very happy, I kept playing until suddenly the sky began to darken not because it was evening but because it looked like it was going to rain soon....soon it started raining heavily at the same time as my friends' parents started coming to pick them up...I usually went home alone because my mom and dad were busy working at that time."

"...."

"A man dressed all in black approached me, claiming that he's my uncle....I didn't believe him because my mom said my uncle lived far away from us....so I tried to run away but I didn't expect him to chase me."

"And then..."

"I was caught and locked up in a dark room, cold, hungry, he tortured me...after that I don't remember what happened...I woke up in the hospital with my parents looking sad...."

"So that's why...."

"umm....I kept having nightmares every night....and had to get sleeping pills because I couldn't sleep..."

I never expected Joong to have a worse past than me....so my childhood wasn't scary just a little boring before meeting Nanon and Sea....

"But...you know, it's not good to take medicine that often....I think you should try something else," I said.

Silence

"Joong?"

"..."

"Are you asleep?"

I think so...his eyes were closed, he looked very calm...

So I decided not to disturb him...

But... anyway...

Sleeping with the person we like in our arms....there's no way I'll feel calm, my heart keeps pounding...

So handsome....he's also so nice....it's not wrong that I like him....even if we end up as strangers someday, I think I'll remember him for the rest of my life....

I suddenly thought of doing something...

This could be my last chance....if I don't do it...I'll regret it...

I slowly approached his ear and whispered...

"I like you"

My whisper was so quiet that I was 1000% sure he wouldn't hear it, especially since he was sleeping so soundly....

Expressing my feelings like this....it shouldn't be a problem, right?

.

.

The next day....

I woke up earlier than Joong, so I immediately took a shower, got dressed, then went to buy breakfast for both of us, as soon as I came back Joong was already awake....

"You have morning class?" I asked.

"No" he replied

"Then why get up so early?"

"You disappeared."

"..."

"So I woke up"

Dug...dug...dug

"Let's sit...I just go get breakfast for us," I said, changing the subject.

"Your friend who close with Jimmy  came by earlier, he said he was looking for your dictionary but I didn't know it so he asked me to tell you to bring it later when you have a discussion," he explained.

My friend  close with Jimmy?

does that mean.....Sea?

Why doesn't he just call him by name...

"So?"

"He didn't take it because you weren't there"

I just realized something...

Damn!!!!

"Why?"

If I had told Joong about the impact of Sea's arrival while he was here so early...he would have felt that my friends were overreacting...

"No....nothing, oh how did you sleep last night?"

Dunk, my goodness....I know you're trying to change the subject but how can you be so careless....

Arrghhh I'm trying to forget what happened last night...

"I slept well but I had a strange dream"

S-strange dream??

Don't tell me he dreamed worse than before...

"I dream...."

To Be Continued