#20

Dunk Pov

I rested my head on Nanon's shoulder...

Ever since the meal with P'Pond, ever since Sea took me away from that place... I never saw Joong again...

Every time.... I feel completely empty, my eyes are fixed on the glasses Joong gave me...

"I'm sorry," Nanon said suddenly.

"Huh?"

"I failed to protect you," Nanon said again.

"Protect me from what?"

"I saw you were happy with Joong, so I forgot to check whether he was serious about you or not."

"I'm guilty too, I was with you all the time but didn't protect you", Sea said.

"Hooii... Why do you have to feel guilty? If anyone is to blame here, it's me."

"..."

"I was the one who kept hoping, I was the one who was overconfident....and I was the one who let him come closer without knowing his reason..."

"Dunk..."

"Joong only thinks of me as a friend but I keep responding to him as if he feels the same as me....you know all the time I'm with him I feel happy....he keeps my heart racing all the time...to the point of forgetting he's a guy and I'm a guy, there's no way we're together....he's been so kind to let me feel that happiness..."

"Dunk," Nanon hugged me.

" thank you guys for accepting me as your friend even though..., even though..."

"Dunk....a friend is a friend....no matter who you love we will support you, but...if that person you love treats you unfairly like this..."

Nanon loosened his hug and looked at me seriously...

"Even if it's too late...can we exercise our right as your friends...companions... brothers, to protect you?", Nanon asked.

"Thank you...thank you..."

I don't know what else to say, I feel so lucky to have a friend who loves me so much...

**

Currently...Sea and I live in Nanon's condo...

As for my  phone, it's been so long since I've used it that I left it in my room... and Nanon didn't let me go get it...

"oh... I forgot my book in class," Nanon said as soon as we were in front of the campus...

"Then you'd better go get it, shall we?", I asked.

"I can do it myself, wait here for a while", Nanon said and ran off.

"You're forgetful, ooh, now I'm thirsty," said Sea.

"Want me to buy you some water?", I asked.

"No need...I'll go alone, wait here", said Sea.

Okay......I'm left alone...under the sun, how kind of my friends...

A while later...

"Dunk"

Joong?

"Dunk...I have something to say," Joong said.

It's been a long time since I've seen him...he looks thin and messed up...he's no different from me...

"You!!! Stay away from my friend!!!", exclaimed Sea who suddenly arrived.

"Let me talk", said Joong.

"How much further are you going to play? If you don't want it....please at least let him go!", Sea said again before finally taking me away.

..

"I think he has something important to say," I said.

"Dunk....listen to me...I understand that you like him a lot but...you mustn't forget...love is built on two people making an effort for each other....if only you continue to understand, if you continue to let him do everything to you, ask you to do this and that..., He will get used to the friend zone, he will never realize your feelings."

"We should at least make him to do a little effort for you...if he really likes you he will definitely do something to give you an explanation."

So what if he doesn't have those feelings, and he only thinks of me as his friend?

What if he just wanted to apologize for misunderstanding me?

What should I do?

That means...I really need to step away....

.

.

A few days later...

"Valentine's Day is coming up...but I still don't have a girlfriend," Nanon complained.

"You can go to Ohm to complain", Sea said.

"As if you forgot how Nanon and Ohm got along," I said.

"He has a girlfriend anyway," Nanon added.

"If it's about Nanon and Ohm's relationship, I can understand, but about the girlfriend..., didn't he break up?", Sea asked.

"oh...yes...he broke up", I just remembered.

"Broke up?", Nanon asked.

"he .... got dumped??"

Nanon was silent as if he was thinking about something...

For some reason...in my eyes....he...looks...

"ha ha ha", Nanon's laugh.

"What's wrong with you? Are you possessed?", Sea asked.

"Very funny...he got dumped...ha ha ha, don't joke khun"

"But he told us himself", said Sea which immediately made Nanon's expression change...

"Now it's time for you to confess", Sea suddenly said to Nanon.

"Confess what?", Nanon looked nervous.

"You have feelings for Ohm, right?"

"...", Nanon clenched his hands into fists... Is he going to explode?

"hey...Sea, don't talk nonsense, you know how often they fight.... do you think they can fall in love?", I'm saving the situation.

To Be Continued