Chapter 2

Before the alarm could ring I woke up. Now it's 5:30 in the morning.
Time for some work out. I went to running tracks outside my hostal. Did some jogging freehand exercises and came back. Today after so many years I am going back to my family in Lucknow afterall my official training got over. Phew!! 😮‍💨😮‍💨 finally an officer now. An IPS. I have my postings in Lucknow as an ADGP.
My family recently shifted to Lucknow.

Ohh I didn't introduce ,myself Divya Manhotra age 25 years old. Too boring right!? Ik because I have become like this....because even if you don't want to people will force you to do so. I was never like this. I was an extremely naughty bubbly and Jolly child in my childhood days but you know thing changes. So did I.
Anyway I have leave bye....

I reached Lucknow by 12:30 in the afternoon.
And immediately left for the office. Received my joining letter and then only I entered home.
Yes my house my family they shift here...let me tell you that my family was in Delhi till I completed my school. After that they moved in here. My brother Dhruv is a IAS in Lucknow he Received his posting a year back. Now I don't know who is my senior Officer.
I will most probably get to know when I join.

I was warmly welcomed by my family.
"I hope u didn't face problem reaching" my dad Raj Manhotra asked. "Naa dad I am good"
"Mera baccha...look at you loose so much weight...hayyy go fast freshenup then come we will eat" mom said.
Nodding I went away.
Reaching your room seeing your own bed after years is a huge satisfaction.
Showing I went down to eat. I am a foodie. And wowwwww!!
All my fav dishes... it used fascinates me a lot.
But....now I have changed..I saw my broo and Aditi smiling at each other and them looked at me. Aditi ran amd hugged with such a force...that I was about to tripple over but Dhruv hold me..he hugged me from behind and Aditi from front...and now I'm a sandwich 🥪 😅 wow.
Aditi and bhai got married recently they were childhood lovers...Aditi is my friend...we r of same age...and she is a designer...lovely, and a fascinating job to do. I was not here neither I could attend the weeding nor I had time to do so as they got married just a few months back...and that was my training period.

I have not visited my family even once after I left to New Delhi to prepare for UPSC..even though I was in the same city but I didn't visit. Because they r my weakness.And I didnt want to fall weak....I want do something for myself....

They kept hugging me and suffocating me...till maa came and scold the" let my baccha breathe both of you...leave her...she hasn't eat anything 😑...you guys go freshenup and come join us..I am serving the food" Both of them laughed and left me...and I took a breath of relief...Aditi said"maa let me help you..then I go and change"
"Go and freshenup up...bohot bari ho gaui hai na...(Grownup a lot)go and come ver fast" Maa replied fake scolding Aditi...Dhruv and papa laughed and they went away.

We started eating by serving ourselves...meanwhile Dhruv and Aditi joined...Dhruv "Divya when are you joining"
" After a week" I said nodding and he smiled and nooded. And I returned a smile to him.
They all started talking to each other involving me in their conversation.
After finishing our lunch. We all went to our respective rooms. I was leaving for my room when papa called me "Divu beta come here".
" Yes papa..." I said and went to him. He patted the space near him on the sofa and I sat. " beta r u ok...I noticed since you have u haven't spoken much...like before...is everything OK. You have your dream job and everything seems good. But I hope u r happy".
I was a little taken aback by that...because papa have never spoken to me unless very necessary but today...." Haa papa I am alright...woh I returned home after a long time na...so just...ahhh nothing I am alright..happy...I'm tired dad I will take a afternoon nap 😴 😊 bye".
Giving a small smile I went away seeing him nodding his head lightly as if trying tk understand what I sad and believe. I know he wasn't fully satisfied with what I said.
But now I was really tired from the flight and needed rest.

G

uys plz read the chapters. I will be back soon. Vote if you like the chapter . I will meet in the next chapter. Bye take care.