Chapter 48.

Author's pov

A week later.

The conditions are now back to normal. And Divya had to work in the office today and Rhagav took a leave.

Reaching the office Divya continued with her work straight till evening, at about 6:30 the work was almost done so she straighten and stretched herself while sirting on her chair.

She suddenly saw Nikhil remembered that his umbrella was with her... she was about to call him but he went towards the corridors. So she went behind him with the umbrella in her hand "NIKHIL" she shouted from behind as Nikhil turned she went towards him "I was calling you since a while." She spoke "Ohh you were wearing headphones. That's why you couldn't hear my voice. Anyway here" she said forwarding the umbrella "thank you Nikhil for this, but where did you disappeared when Rhagav arrived that day" she said.
"Ohh..tha-that day I was actually...umm actually had some urgent work at home, I saw you standing alone for the sake of your safe-safety I came down to be with you but when I was some friend of yours arriving I thought to go" Nikhil said.
"Ohh ok..thanks again Nikhil" Divya said keeping her hand on his shoulder and walked passed him waving him bye, she went out for a coffee and Nikhil stood there watching her.
He glanced at him watch "shit" muttering under his breath he went towards his flat.

It was 2 BHK flat where Nikhil stayed. He unlocked his door and went inside as he went in his room as he opened the door ofis room he saw a girl trying to remove the huge off-white curtain from the  the wall..behind his bed. He immediately ran and pushed the girl away, with the sudden impact she fell down. Nikhil adjusted the curtains and with red angry eyes he looked at the stranger girl "what the hell were you trying to do in my room??? Haven't I told you to stay away while I brought you here???"

The girl flinged at the voice and timidly nooded. "Now tell me why did you leave your room and entered into mine???"
"Ac-Actually yo-yo-your phone was ringing continously, and wh-when I entered a-an-and then I saw that the curtain was about to fall so I-I-I came to fix it" she said moving back when Nikhil realize his mistake and softly and calmly said "listen I'm really sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. Please let me help you" he said and helped that girl to stand and then leading to the hall he closed his room's door behind him and made the girl sit on the sofa.

"Ok now that you seem ok to talk, so tell me what's your name? Where are you from and about you..you know we are strangers!!!??? So i need to know! And by the I'm a police officer so I think I can help"
"Heer. My name is heer. And I'm from Mumbai. You already know how I end up here in your house. My parents are no more. And my uncle cheated me and ran away with all my money and sold all my properties, so basically I'm an orphan now" she explained everything. 
"Ooookkkk" he signed and stood up. "Are you also going to aband me?" She said holding his wrist with teary eyes and heavy voice. He opened his mouth to speak but she spoke "sorry..I-I-I kn-know I am expecting a little too mu-much. I am sorry. I'm really a burden.." she continued her blabbering but Nikhil silent her covering her mouth with his hand "Calm down..Heer, right?" She nooded. "Right! So calm down and you are not a burden as long as you don't bother and interfere in my life. Ok? Don't roam around expect the kitchen and don't enter my room ever again!! Ok?" She nooded
" good so if you do that you can stay here. And don't worry I don't stay home most of the time. So you can  stay here freely. And don't be afraid of me I'm not someone who take advantage of others. BTW I'm an inspector as I said, Nikhil that's my name" he said and remove his  hand from her mouth. "I think you need clothes to wear. I will bring you after sometime" he spoke and went towards the cupboard to find something. "No-No I don't need"
"You do. Here take this spare phone, my phone number is saved here. And..umm..call me in case of emergency " he said awkwardly and scratch the back of his neck.
"Thank you. Thanks a lot." Heer said very sincerely and happily.

After some time he left for the mall to buy himself and clothes for Heer.

Mean while. Finishing her work Divya went back home, entering the hall she saw Rhagav was sitting on the sofa doing something on the laptop. Mom was sitting beside with some papers and Dad is yet to come. "I'm back".   announcing she went towards the stairs to the room. "Welcome back child" Mrs Chaudhury wished back smiling. She went up and after sometime Rhagav came towards the room, knocking the door since no one answered he opened it slightly and peeked to see no one inside, so pushing the door he went in.

He kept the the laptop on the table and heard the washroom door unlocked, he turned and saw Divya in a towel her back was facing him and she was trying to close the washroom door that was stuck. Her back was clearly visible to his eyes and Rhagav was stuck in his place trying to process whether he should turn around and pretend like he saw nothing or he should just leave the.

Realizing someone in the room Divya turned and saw Raghav standing freezed,embarrassment was clearly visible in his face, his ears have turned red. He wasn't even looking at Divya at that point his eyes were on the wall beside the washroom door.
Processing the situation Divya screaming went ran inside the washroom. Hearing her screaming Rhagav got scared so he lockes the room's door immediately and stood by the locked facing the wall.
After some time Divya peeked from inside the washroom to see that was still standing facing the wall. "Can't you knock before coming!!?? "
"Can't you lock before changing or showering???!!!" Rhagav replied turning.
"I forgot,...I-I  thought you were downstairs! "
"I was..but I needed something so I came up, moreover how would I know you..you.. are in th-this condition!?"
"Hahhh tohh?...you should always knock before coming in na?" Saying this Divya came out of the of the washroom in a mood to argue, forgetting that she is still wearing a towel, with hands on her hip.
"And you should always lock the door" Rhagav walked closer.
"I-I stayed in an apartment for a long time for training and studies,I'm used to staying alone!! So I'm not used to locking the door" Divya walked closer too.
"But here you don't stay alone, beside me there is Dad and staff...and you wouldn't be standing here so confidently and arguing if someone else entered instead of me. So You-you please wear something " Rhagav said and turned to leave.
Realising she was still in towel Divya muttered a yeah and walked into the closet to change.